High-performing, high-potential candidates with demonstrated abilities, expertise, experience and backgrounds can start right away and learn by doing in a number of our career areas. Visit career areas or search jobs now.
Gallagher Sales Internship Program (GSIP)
Do you have the grit and determination to be successful in Insurance Sales and Risk Management? Are you interested in applying your competitive spirit to the business world?
Interested in applying for the Gallagher Sales Internship Program? Please click on the APPLY HERE section to apply to your desired U.S. region.
Arthur J. Gallagher is looking for driven individuals interested in exploring a career in sales that is rewarding personally, professionally, and financially. We see our internship program as the first step in a career path that offers tremendous growth potential.
The Gallagher Sales Internship Program is a robust nine-week program commencing in June and ending in August.
Summer Intern Orientation
In addition to challenging intern projects and assignments, each intern will visit Arthur J. Gallagher’s headquarters in Itasca, Illinois, for summer internship orientation. During intern orientation, you will be introduced to many facets of both the insurance brokerage industry and our company:
- Networking with Gallagher Leaders
- Professional Development Skills Training
- Division Specific Training and Overview
- Networking events, competition and more!
Internship Projects & Assignments
Gallagher interns will have the opportunity to work in one of four divisions:
- Risk Management Services
- Gallagher Benefit Services
- Risk Placement Services
- Gallagher Bassett Services
All divisions offer comprehensive “learning by doing” experiences including short-term and summer long projects and assignments. Networking and sales challenges will coincide throughout the internship program to provide you a full service internship experience.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. recruits annually at universities in every geographical region of the United States. On-Campus recruitment activity consists of the following:
- Career Fairs
- Information Sessions
- Industry Talks and Sales Competitions
- On-Campus Interviews
Internship on-campus recruiting activity occurs between September and February each year. For further information about Gallagher campus recruiting at a nearby university, please contact your Career Center.
Upon successful completion of on-campus interviews, selected candidates will participate in final round office interviews.
We are looking for driven individuals interested in exploring a sales career that knows no limits – personally, professionally or financially. Our summer internship is the first step in a career path that offers tremendous growth potential.
- Strong passion and curiosity for a career in insurance sales and risk management
- Competitive spirit and desire to demonstrate high energy and enthusiasm on-the-job
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Active participant in a competitive and/or sales-based environment
- Desire to work, learn and grow within an entrepreneurial environment
- All interested candidates must fill out an application. Please click on the APPLY HERE section to apply to your desired U.S. region
- Eligible candidates must be rising sophomores and juniors with an expected graduation date between December 2015 and June 2017
- Preferred areas of study include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sales & Marketing
- Risk Management
- General Business or Management
- Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
To apply for the Gallagher Sales Summer Internship, please apply to your desired region below:
MIDWEST REGION (states include) APPLY HERE
EAST REGION (states include) APPLY HERE
SOUTH REGION (states include) APPLY HERE
WEST REGION (states include) APPLY HERE