We hold regular campus recruiting events for interested applicants nationwide. If your university is not a participating school, we accept online applications submitted with preferences on preferred Gallagher working locations. All majors can pursue a dynamic internship or career in insurance sales and risk management at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Whether or not you have a business degree or sales background, we provide all the tools and training you need to be successful.
High-performing, high-potential candidates with demonstrated abilities, expertise, experience and backgrounds can start right away and learn by doing in a number of our career areas. Visit career areas or search jobs now.
Gallagher Sales Internship Program (GSIP)
Do you have the grit and determination to be successful in Insurance Sales and Risk Management? Are you interested in applying your competitive spirit to the business world?
Arthur J. Gallagher is looking for driven individuals interested in exploring a career in sales that is rewarding personally, professionally, and financially. We see our internship program as the first step in a career path that offers tremendous growth potential.
Gallagher offers a comprehensive "learning by doing" experience that provides you with a realistic look of what it means to be a Gallagher Producer. You will have an opportunity to work in one of four divisions: Risk Management Services, Gallagher Benefit Services, Risk Placement Services and Gallagher Bassett Services. You will be introduced to a truly unique organization defined and made better every day by our dedicated employees.
Nearly all of our entry-level producer hires first experienced Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. as an intern. We are very proud of this fact, and think it speaks volumes about our one-of-a-kind Company and culture.
Interested in applying for the Gallagher Sales Internship Program? Please click here.
If you have any questions, e-mail SIP_Info@ajg.com.
The Gallagher Sales Internship Program is a comprehensive nine-week program commencing on June 9, 2014 and ending on August 8, 2014. The program will comprise of one week intern orientation and 8 weeks on-the-job at the intern’s Gallagher office location.
Summer Intern Orientation
In addition to challenging intern projects and assignments, each intern will visit Arthur J. Gallagher’s headquarters in Itasca, Illinois, for summer internship orientation. During intern orientation, you will be introduced to many facets of both the insurance brokerage industry and our company:
- A Day with Gallagher Leaders
- Professional Development Skills Training
- Division Specific Training and Overview
- Networking events, competition and more!
Internship Projects & Assignments
Gallagher interns will have the opportunity to work in one of four divisions:
- Risk Management Services
- Gallagher Benefit Services
- Risk Placement Services
- Gallagher Bassett Services
All divisions offer comprehensive “learning by doing” experiences including short-term and summer long projects and assignments. Networking and sales challenges will coincide throughout the internship program to provide you a full service internship experience.
We are looking for driven individuals interested in exploring a sales career that knows no limits – personally, professionally or financially. Our summer internship is the first step in a career path that offers tremendous growth potential. Some of most important characteristics that we look for in a Gallagher Summer Intern are the following:
- Strong passion and curiosity for a career in insurance sales and risk management
- Competitive spirit and desire to demonstrate high energy and enthusiasm on-the-job
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Active participant in a competitive and/or sales-based environment
- Desire to work, learn and grow within an entrepreneurial environment
- All interested candidates must apply and fill out an online application
- Eligible candidates must be rising sophomores and juniors with an expected graduation date between December 2014 and June 2016
- Preferred areas of study include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sales & Marketing
- General Business
- Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
We offer a comprehensive "learning by doing" paid internship experience that provides you with a realistic look at an insurance brokering career. Whatever the risk - from cyber liability to employee benefit programs to aviation safety - our Brokers play a key role in protecting all aspects of society while making a profound difference in people's lives.
- Work alongside seasoned Gallagher Sales & Underwriting teams as they engage with clients and prospects
- Help assist new business and renewal development to learn critical elements within an insurance sales & risk management environment
- Learn from seasoned leaders of Gallagher and network with all business division line professionals and executives
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. recruits annually at universities in every geographical region of the United States. On-Campus recruitment activity consists of career fairs, information sessions, industry talks and on-campus interviews. Internship on-campus recruiting activity occurs between September and February each year. For further information about Gallagher campus recruiting at a nearby university, please contact your Career Center. Final round Gallagher in-office interviews follow our campus recruiting activity.
Non-campus Recruiting Applications
If you do not attend one of the universities that we recruit at, but are interested in Gallagher's Sales Summer Internship Program, interview opportunities are still available for you. These interviews take place locally at our Gallagher branch offices between November and February each year.
To apply for the Gallagher Sales Summer Internship, please click here and specify your desired Gallagher internship office location during your application.