Headquartered in the Chicago suburb of Rolling Meadows, IL, our Company offers a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) and employee benefit products, services and alternative risk transfer mechanisms, as well as P/C claims and risk management services. Our clients include businesses of all sizes, not-for-profits, associations, municipal and governmental entities, and individual insureds.
At Gallagher, our work environment fosters teamwork, entrepreneurialism and success. While we are now a global organization, we are still guided by our founder's values of personal integrity, innovative thinking, deep commitment to clients, openness, empathy and respect for each other.
Poised for aggressive growth, there's never been a better time to be a part of the Gallagher team. Here, you will enjoy all the benefits of our winning track record, extensive network of resources, entrepreneurial environment and history of innovation.
To support your professional advancement, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. offers access to a full range of training programs, all aimed at providing continuous growth, helping you achieve maximum earning potential and enabling you to stay abreast of the best techniques and skills necessary to excel in the marketplace. When it comes to your training and development, consider that:
- Many of our employees have spent most or all of their careers with Gallagher, a true credit to our company, its advancement opportunities and the people who work here.
- We offer a robust array of training programs focused on everything from sales, management and customer service to product knowledge, business and technical skills.
- Our team approach to professional development enables less experienced employees to learn from their more seasoned counterparts.
- Each year, hundreds of employees benefit from classroom and online training programs.
- We have offered a unique, industry-leading intern programfor more than 50 years. Embracing the concept of learning by doing, the program now accepts approximately 450 college students each summer.
- Early career hires on the sales track can take advantage of our Gallagher Career Associate Program - a robust and comprehensive three year development program to organically grow our early sales talent and accelerate the career path for individual contributors.
As a global corporation, Gallagher prides itself on being a socially responsible company dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where our customers and employees live and work.
We believe that we can act as a force for good by helping those in need, both through financial aid and through individual and group volunteer efforts. Our employees are active in many charitable and educational activities, and we recognize those efforts whenever possible. One such way is through the Gallagher Foundation, which matches the personal contributions of our employees to qualified charitable organizations, from a minimum of $50 per organization to an annual maximum of $1,000. In total, we estimate that Gallagher gives approximately $2 million annually to more than 2,300 charitable organizations.
We also assist many of our employees as they move through their communities to help those in need. Whether assisting the Red Cross in the aftermath of a disaster, engaging in community outreach programs to support the less fortunate or mentoring young people, we celebrate and support the giving and generous spirit of our employees.
There are many reasons to choose a career with our company. Our comprehensive benefits package is just one of them. As a Gallagher employee, you'll enjoy a variety of benefits.
- Three PPO plan options to choose from, including two plans with a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA) and one with a Health Care Account (HCA)
- Company contributions made to both accounts
- Includes prescription drug coverage.
- Telehealth and specialized elective surgery network available.
- Company-provided biometric screenings
- Comprehensive and confidential program that includes access to health coaches, web portal with extensive tools, and financial incentives at no cost to employees.
- National PPO plan with two networks to choose from at the point of service.
- Insured PPO plan that includes network and out-of-network benefits for eye exams, contacts and glasses.
401(k) Retirement Savings and Thrift Plan
- Pre-tax and Roth after-tax contribution options.
- Dollar for dollar company match on the amount you contribute up to 5% of eligible earnings, deposited annually.
Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care Account allows you pay pre-tax for eligible, unreimbursed medical, dental, and vision expenses.
- Dependent Day Care Account allows you to pay pre-tax for eligible dependent daycare expenses.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Purchase Gallagher stock at a 5% discount off the fair market value.
- Pay pre-tax for transit passes or parking reimbursement for your work commute (Dollar limits set annually by IRS).
Long-Term Care Insurance (LTC) Insurance
- Provides protection for the high cost of long-term care expenses such as nursing homes, assisted-living facilities or home-care provider expenses.
- A variety of plan options for employees and eligible family members at affordable group rates.
Company Provided Basic Life and Accident and Dependent Life Insurance
- Basic Life and Accident coverage each equal to 1½ times your annual earnings up to $1 million.
- Dependent life coverage equal to $5,000 for spouse or domestic partner and $2,500 for each eligible dependent child.
Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Coverage available in multiples of $10,000 up to $1 million.
- Dependent coverage available.
Voluntary Group Universal Life (GUL) Insurance
- Available in multiples of 1 to 8 times your salary up to $600,000; up to $2.5 million with evidence of good health.
- Spouse or domestic partner and child(ren) coverage available.
Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Accident coverage equal to 5 times your annual earnings, up to $1 million ($250,000 minimum), when traveling on company business.
- 2 to 26 weeks based on length of service.
- 60% of salary up to $15,000 per month if disabled longer than six months.
- Provides you and your family members with legal services such as estate planning, real estate transactions or other financial matters; family law; consumer protection; and defense of civil lawsuits or traffic offenses.
- Auto and homeowners insurance can be purchased at discounted group rates.
Group Personal Excess Liability Insurance
- Additional liability protections beyond primary auto, homeowners, tenant, recreational vehicle, motorcycle or watercraft policies that can be purchased at discounted group rates.
Executive Compensation Options
- Deferred cash and/or equity compensation opportunities may be available.
Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- Helps to provide financial relief from the expenses associated with a serious illness, such as a heart attack, stroke or cancer.
- Confidential intervention and counseling services provided by ComPsych® (up to 10 sessions).
- Confidential information and support for financial, legal and family concerns.
- Approved job-related courses reimbursed at 100%.
- Bonuses program available for certain professional designations.
Charitable Gifts Program
- 100% Company match of your contributions of $50 or more to eligible charities, up to $1,000 per employee per calendar year.
- Up to 4 weeks per year.
- 12 paid holidays each year.