Accident and Health Reinsurance
Organizations are facing challenges posed by sharp increases in large medical claims driven by high cost prescriptions and pressure to find new ways to grow profitably and gain scale. Gallagher Re translates those challenges into effective reinsurance, product expansion, capital management and business growth strategies to increase resilience and business value.
The Accident and Health practice provides risk management vision, advice and best practices grounded in hands-on experience. We focus on:
- Managed care, medical stop loss, group life, accident, disability and life catastrophe
- Risk issues identification, quantification and abatement covering value proposition, distribution strategy and operations
- Best practice assessment and recommendations
- Oversight – metrics, measurement and analysis
- Pricing, underwriting, claims and reserving
- New product expansion initiatives
Complementing our existing range of analysis and decision-making tools, including Gallagher Re's own claims benchmarking and HealthMaps data, our actuaries and research teams are constantly developing new techniques and market intelligence to help clients compete in this challenging market.
Example ways in which we help Accident and Health clients include:
- Redevelop smarter reinsurance designs with lower costs and more comprehensive cover
- Strengthen business operations and financial performance
- Uncover unknown risk issues and minimize financial volatility
- Define a clear roadmap to resolve financial, service and growth issues
- Reduce and eliminate risk management issues and improve product competitiveness
- Deliver tools, training and support to improve risk management or operational performance
- Improve results in claims and underwriting and enhance business performance measurement and monitoring.