Our team of restaurant specialists offers national expertise plus a local presence to improve engagement at all levels of the restaurant industry, from floor staff to top corporate management. Solutions available to you include:
- Property and crime
- General liability and umbrella
- Workers compensation
- Liquor liability
- Auto and non-owned auto coverage
- Delivery coverage
- Employment practices liability
- Directors and officers liability
- Cyber/privacy liability
- Food-borne illness liability
Our team of professionals will provide you:
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory and compliance matters to help mitigate risk and guide you through new benefit categories.
- Long-standing insurance market relationships that deliver preferential pricing, coverage, service and availability. This includes (but is not limited to) access to financing from restaurant-lending operators such as Peachtree Financial Services.
- Consistent employee messaging that reinforces the value propositions of your brand.
- Coordinated representation throughout the U.S. to ensure consistency in your coverage and service, including uniform coverages for members, high umbrella limits, and standardized loss control implementation.
- Creative solutions for tough coverage problems, such as deliveries, employment practices liability and problematic property locations.
- Alternative risk finance expertise (captives, rent-a-captives and self-insurance programs) for different funding mechanisms that can protect you from market fluctuation and keep costs down.
- Comprehensive, service-oriented claims adjudication, processing and management.
- Knowledge of new trends and issues facing the restaurant industry gained through our broad involvement with this sector.
The Gallagher Restaurant Practice team provides responsive service, day-to-day support and superior administrative capabilities for seamless back-office management using our efficient administrative systems. We can also perform coverage analyses of existing policies, confirm underwriting placements and issue certificates of insurance, binders and other proofs of insurance as required. In addition, we provide:
- End-to-end service and liaison relationships between staff, management and union representatives to build buy-in when stakeholders have conflicting needs and incentives.
- Request endorsements and special handling needs from carriers and monitor the delivery of these services.
- Deliver timely issuance of policies, certificates and premium billings.
- Assure proper implementation of processing procedures to underwrite new locations and make the amendments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Review accounting data received from carriers for accuracy.
While we help you obtain the proper coverage, we also recognize it's always better not to have a loss. We will work with you to reduce the frequency and severity of losses, lower the cost of risk, protect employees and the public, and insulate your organization's assets with our proactive loss prevention services. As your partner in loss control and safety, we provide:
- Client-specific loss prevention programs to standardize methods for safety compliance at all locations.
- Accountability systems, including safety committees, that involve employees in loss control performance in order to reduce accident frequency and severity.
- Claims management to realize cost-savings through loss prevention and loss reduction techniques.
- In-house training programs and train-the-trainer sessions with topics customized to various employee levels.
- Ergonomic assessment and recommendations to reduce repetitive motion disorders.
- Loss control consulting for human resource issues, such as new-hire orientation, confidential employee medical records, substance abuse program implementation and compliance with OSHA and other regulatory standards.
- Coordination of loss control resources from outside sources.
- Hazard identification and correction.
- OSHA training and program development.
- Accident investigation.
- Development of client-specific return-to-work programs.
Gallagher will provide you with proactive property and casualty claims management. We will develop and implement directed systematic procedures for claim review and loss analysis, as well as:
- Ensure the quality and adequacy of reserves, and the appropriateness of resolution plans.
- Review and analyze the insurers’ portion of specific claims concerning the extent of coverage under policies issued.
- Monitor development and status of defense counsel.
- Consult on coverage issues and offer suggestions for settlements and/or resolution of disputes.
- Provide periodic reviews and status reports in conjunction with carrier representatives.
- Follow up on accountability issues regarding agreed-upon reserve reductions and resolution action plans.
- Serve as your experienced consultative resource on problematic claims.
- Review workers compensation claim procedures and related paperwork.