Implementing ERM: Key Questions to Begin the Process
Key Questions, Notes & Advice
Is your public sector organization or higher education institution ready to begin implementing Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)? These key questions can be a starting point for you. Thinking through your answers will help you develop a plan. Even if your implementation plan is for a “team of one,” this will help you understand where – and how – to begin the process. Keep in mind that implementing ERM takes a number of years and the involvement of many people.
In this Frequently Asked Questions for implementing ERM in your organization, primary topics include:
- ERM - What does it mean to your organization?
- Your organization's current risk management programs
- Identify and harness ERM leaders
- Integrating ERM into your organization
- The relationships between ERM, audit and your governing board
- The importance of resources