Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management
Their Integral Roles in Higher Education Governance
As higher education institutions continue to embrace an enterprise approach to both risk and compliance, a practical and lasting model is needed to assure that a program will stand the test of time. Using the ISO standards and embracing a Centralized Oversight-Decentralized Implementation structure will greatly increase the likelihood of success. This model puts risk and compliance “ownership” in the hands of subject matter experts throughout the organization, while embedding the oversight and management of the program within the overall governance structure of the institution.
This whitepaper will discuss the following topics:
- Defining Enterprise Risk and Compliance
- Risk and Compliance as Part of Higher Education Governance
- Centralized Oversight-Decentralized Implementation
- What Makes Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management (ERCM) Work?
- Governance, Risk and Compliance Software