All of these documents have been submitted by Think Tank Participants and other institutions. These documents have been stripped of their institutional identifiers and converted to word docs so that others may use these as a starting point. Waivers and other documents with potential legal implications should be reviewed by the legal counsel and made appropriate to your state.
*None of these documents represent legal advice, but merely as varying risk management approaches to managing TBI risks at an institutional level.
- Sample University Varsity Concussion Management Plan
- Sample University Concussion Discharge Sheet
- Sample Sports Medicine Concussion Policy & Procedures
Club & Intramural Sports
Waivers and Releases
These waivers are designed to illustrate the variety of types of waiver schools are using – general releases for varsity or club sports, specialized waivers for minors (check state laws!) and waivers for groups that may or may not be technically “sports clubs.”
- Sample University Concussion Release and Waiver
- Sample State University Participant Waiver Sports Clubs
- Sample State University Participant Waiver Sports Clubs for Minors
- Sample State University Outdoor Club Waiver
- Sample Club Participation Agreement and Waiver
This paper, by one of our contributing editors, outlines informed consent, waiver and participation agreement construction considerations for a state that has strict waiver construction rules but that has a good history of upholding well-constructed waivers (Massachusetts).