When a biotech company goes public, it’s not a matter of if a claim will be filed, but when…and who will be the target?
A stock price drop just
can elicit allegations of securities fraud
nearly guarantees a lawsuit
The risk to companies and their directors and officers intensifies significantly with an IPO. To effectively manage the risk of selling shares to the public, you must understand liability and the potential magnitude of exposure.
In our Management Liability whitepaper, Going Public: A D&O Discussion, Gallagher explores:
- Duties of directors and officers
- Federal securities legislation and case law
- D&O claim trends
- Protecting directors and officers
- What to expect in D&O negotiations
- Underwriting considerations
- Determining appropriate limits
- Conceptual timeline — D&O placement
- And more