Film Coverages

Equipment, Props, Sets and Wardrobe

  • What is covered? Camera, sound, lighting and miscellaneous rented equipment. Owned equipment is not covered unless specifically declared. Props, sets and wardrobe are covered.
  • How much should I insure for? The insurable value should be the total replacement value of your rented equipment, props, sets and wardrobe from all vendors. If coverage is required for owned items, the total value should be increased for the value of the owned items and declared to the insurance broker.
  • Are "Loss Payees" included? Equipment insurance includes your vendors being provided with certificates of insurance naming them as loss payee in the event of a loss. Unlimited certificates can be issued.

Negative Film or Videotape & Faulty Stock, Camera & Processing

  • What is covered? Damage or destruction of raw film or tape stock, exposed film or videotape, faulty stock, faulty cameras or lenses.
  • How much should I insure for? The coverage limit is the declared budget for this production.

Extra Expenses

What is covered? Extra expense reimburses the insured for the out-of-pocket expenses in the event of the interruption, postponement or cancellation of the declared production, as a result of loss, damage or destruction of property or facilities contracted for use by the insured.

Third Party Property Damage

What is covered? Covers damages to property of others while it is in the care, custody and control of the insured (i.e. damage to a house that you are shooting in).

General Liability

  • What is covered? Covers the insured for losses due to bodily injury or property damage caused by the insured's employees or agents. Locations will require general liability for 1,000,000. The aggregate is the total liability limit. The occurrence limit per claim.
  • Are "additional insureds" included? With blanket additional ensures, your vendors and locations will be provided with certificates of insurance naming them as additional insureds in the event of a loss. Unlimited certificates can be issued.
  • City and other special certificates The City of LA, other cities and other entities may require "special wording" on their certificates or have a special form they require be completed. Film permit offices will require this.

Automobile (Hired & Non-Owned)

What is covered? Vehicles rented for the production. Liability covers injury to third parties or damage to their property. Physical damage provides coverage for damage to the vehicles.