Sprawling over 200 acres, the Hill Country Golf Club offers a scenic, dramatic and balanced 27-hole championship course, featuring four sets of tee placements for every level of golfer. Designed by Arthur Hills and Associates to capture the beauty and landscape of the Texas Hill Country, the Club features diverse terrain, from link-style, rolling-meadows and lush hillsides to tree-shaded plateaus and tranquil lakes and ponds.
Ranked in the Top 25 Southern U.S. Golf Resorts by Condé Nast Traveler in 2012, Hill Country Golf Club is a remarkable golf course in San Antonio, TX. Our state-of-the-art golf destination features a stocked pro-shop, GPS-equipped golf carts, a full-service clubhouse, and practice area with putting green and instruction area. The 9-hole Family Express Golf course offers tees at shorter distances to make golf more playable and enjoyable for the whole family.
What's Included with My Registration?
The tournament entry fee includes:
- Green fees
- Golf Cart
- Two mulligans
- Transportation to and from the hotel (you must sign up for transportation)
- Range balls
- Beverages (water, soft drinks and beer) while on the course
What is the Player Format?
It is a four-person team scramble, shotgun start. You can register as an individual or as a team (partial or full). For partial teams and individual participants, we will assist you to create your four-person team.
Is There Transportation to the Event?
There will be ONE pickup from a hotel TBA. All participants signed up for transportation should arrive at this hotel and be ready to depart by 6:45 am.
The bus is scheduled to return to the hotel after the awards ceremony (between 1:30 and 2:00 pm).
If you choose to drive, the address of Hill Country Golf is 9800 Hyatt Resort Drive | San Antonio, Texas 78251
When is Tee Time?
All players will tee off at 8:00 a.m.
Important Registration Dates
- Early Registration - February 1, 2018: Register by February 1 to qualify for the $250 Edwin Watts gift card drawing to be held at the tournament. The winner must be present at the drawing to collect the prize.
- Deadline - Player Registrations: All player registrations and fees should be received by March 28, 2018. If you have an questions or concerns, please contact Lauren Cavanaugh via phone or email.
Participant & Club Rental Fees
- $315 Per Person (Early Bird): Registrations received via email or postmarked by February 1, 2018.
- $335 Per Person: Registrations received via email or postmarked after February 1, 2018.
- Golf Club Rentals: We will reserve golf clubs for you. Just indicate that in your registration. They are $57 per rental, and you will be able to pay for them online. Rental reservations must be made prior to March 28, 2018 in order to best ensure rental clubs are available for the event.
How to Register
Register online here. Online registration offers you the ability to pay via check or credit card.
If you cannot register online, download our Player Entry Form. After completing the form, email it to Lauren Cavanaugh or print and mail this form to the address below. PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept a credit card if you do not register online.
There are two options for the event:
- Check/Money Order: Please make checks payable to Spencer/Gallagher Golf Tournament.
- Credit Card: Available through online player registration only.
- Refund requests must be received by March 28, 2018.
- No refunds will be offered after March 28, 2018.
The Spencer/Gallagher Golf Tournament is held annually at a golf course near the National RIMS conference. It is one of the largest fundraising events each year to benefit the Spencer Educational Foundation. Spencer's mission is to fund the education of tomorrow’s risk management and insurance leaders.
Here are the Top Reasons to Support the Spencer Educational Foundation:
1. Our industry needs talent – Spencer delivers.
a. Spencer awarded $470,000 scholarships to 75 people in 2017
b. Spencer has awarded more than 980 scholarships totaling $6.4 million
c. Historically, 80% of scholarship recipients remain in the industry.
2. Help provide hands-on opportunities – Spencer delivers.
a. Spencer funded 40 summer internship opportunities in 2017 totaling $200,000
b. The Foundation sent 28 risk managers to universities to speak about and promote the industry
c. The Foundation provided grants for students to attend the RIMS Annual Conference and RIMS’ ERM Conference
3. Generate awareness for the profession & your company
a. Spencer supporters are widely recognized and highly regarded among RIMS members.
To pay it forward - if this industry has been good for you & your company, help the next generation.
*All course photos on this site are courtesy of Hill Country Golf Club.