The Steadicam insurance program is full-replacement camera equipment insurance available only to members of the Steadicam Operators Association (SOA). Our policy covers your scheduled camera stabilizer mount, camera-related equipment and approved accessories, so you can be confident that your equipment is covered if it's lost, stolen or damaged.
Solutions to help keep your camera equipment protected
Gallagher experts evaluate your risk and write the equipment policy that best meets your needs. Our Steadicam insurance policy includes the following coverage:
- Full replacement cost value in event of covered cause of loss
- Deductible options of $500, $1,000 or $2,500
- Worldwide coverage
- Coverage for camera, lighting equipment, camera equipment, stabilizers and laptops
- Coverage against acts of terrorism (Terrorism Risk Insurance Act of 2002)
- Protection for leased or rented camera equipment, up to $100,000
- Contingent equipment rental coverage up to $5,000 when renting to others
- $5,000 for loss-of-use coverage should your rental agreement make you responsible for the rental company's inability to rent the equipment
Optional Steadicam insurance coverage to keep you protected
Sometimes camera operators incur additional losses or costs beyond the scope of the initial insurance policy. To help safeguard you, Gallagher's Steadicam insurance program offers additional coverages for purchase, including:
- Rental expense reimbursement insurance ($5,000 or $10,000 limit), should a covered "loss" to equipment you own make renting equipment necessary to continue your work
- Additional equipment rental coverage (when renting to others) — up to $25,000 in $5,000 increments
- General liability insurance to protect you from third-party liability claims (bodily injury/property damage). Basic coverage provides a minimum of $2 million per occurrence and $4 million aggregate limit of liability. Higher limits may be available.