Managing risks terminal to port
With growing complexity and increased underwriter scrutiny across a range of marine risk classes, Gallagher can assist with structuring a comprehensive solution that benefits from our deep expertise in this sector and access to exclusive markets through our network of international partners.
Marine insurance coverage highlights:
- Marine liability insurance and cargo risk management solutions covering commercial hull, port, and cargo terminals and logistics, including supply chain risk transfer, logistics liability, equipment and machinery, and property liability
- Specialist solutions for distributors, warehouse operators, logistics and transportation networks, and commercial container operations
- Marine and cargo claims advice - support from lodgment through to resolution
- Exclusive access to international markets, and the ability to structure complex insurance programs
Comprehensive coverage with global expertise
Gallagher offers global commercial marine and cargo insurance expertise with access to specialist advice covering the key global markets. We develop bespoke solutions specific to Singapore and the Asia Pacific (APAC) region, as well as international programs for complex marine and logistics operations.
Our marine liability coverage includes a range of risks:
- Marine and cargo liability insurance, including the storage and handling or hazardous goods
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Employers liability Insurance
- Cargo liability insurance
- Import/export restrictions, including changes to quarantine and biosecurity regulations
- Trade credit insurance
- Impact of delays: demurrage, project delay, accumulation charges beyond agreed limits
COVID-19’s impact on the marine industry
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and reduced cargo throughput into many international ports, the flow on impact to sea freight and other marine logistics operators has been significant.
Given the challenge this creates to the flow of imports, exports and distribution of goods in key Asian markets, and increased storage times at ports and terminals, we strongly recommend the ongoing review of insurance and risk programs to ensure they remain fit for purpose.
Our marine and cargo risk management experts are well placed to advise on structuring your insurance program and managing strategic marine, cargo & logistics placements.
Marine Insurance Summary
- Commercial liability insurance coverage, including marine, cargo, and logistics
- Specialist marine claims advice and technical support
- Exclusive access to international markets