The Gallagher Construction team focuses on developing surety, insurance and risk management programs for contractors, sub-contractors, engineering firms and asset owners. Our collaborative approach helps clients across Canada handle projects of all sizes and complexity.
Solutions created for the lifecycle of construction specific risks
Before, during and after construction, projects are exposed to risks that could impact the successful completion of the job or open you to liability. Gallagher's Construction team has the expertise to help you navigate market conditions, underwriting restrictions and complex project characteristics. We take a collaborative approach with project stakeholders, tailoring coverage to the unique needs and parameters of each project.
Gallagher's approach to educating clients, adapting the process and leading market relationships allows you to better understand the exposures to your project and creates better results by harnessing our volume with leading insurers both domestically and abroad.
Our team of construction experts partner with you to create a risk management program that closes gaps and supports your business. Gallagher's insurance and risk management team is able to secure multiple lines of insurance to create comprehensive coverage for all aspects of your business including:
- Builders risk and wrap-up liability
- General liability
- Owner's and contractor's professional protective liability
- Professional liability (annual and project specific)
- Inland transit
- Umbrella/excess liability solutions
- Subcontractor default insurance
- Captive risk transfer
Coverage for all construction project sizes
We support all sectors within the construction industry including but not limited to:
- High-rise office buildings
- Infrastructure projects and public private partnerships
- Mass timber
- Oil and gas
- Personal insurance
- Renewable energy
- Residential (single, multifamily and high-rise mixed use developments)
- Sports arenas
- Utility-scale energy solutions
If you do not see your project type, contact us for a customized solution.
Customized contract surety bond solutions tailored to your business
We understand the contract surety market and how vital it is to maintain surety support that complements your business and its priorities. We maintain open lines of communication with senior leadership at the leading contract sureties, so we have first-hand knowledge of market trends, product development and terms and pricing.
Our specialty combines surety underwriting experience and financial controller experience with Gallagher's strong reputation and well-established relationships. This combination give us the insight to work with any scenario to help you navigate the complex issues around contract delivery and performance of your obligations.
Our global team of experts has the ability to place bonds worldwide. We work and collaborate globally with successful solutions in Canada, the United States and beyond. Our clients have successfully completed bonded work in Puerto Rico, Central and South America, the European Union and the Pacific Rim.
Experts in construction risk management analysis
The Gallagher Construction practice is built to address the specific exposures of the construction industry. Our proprietary assessment and auditing procedures help you evaluate your risk profile to create a comprehensive risk management program that closes gaps and safeguards you from loss. Program analysis includes:
- Identifying and reviewing exposures to financial loss
- Recommending insurance coverages to mitigate those exposures
- Obtaining coverage options from insurance providers who serve the construction industry
- Reviewing alternative solutions, including the premium costs, coverage forms and deductibles
- Structuring an insurance program that maximizes coverages while keeping an eye on costs
Delivering access to larger capacity through wholesale construction insurance
Our team is equipped to help you build capacity through alternative risk structures and wholesale markets. Our relationships with these markets and organizations aid in building programs that keep costs down and promote liquidity.
Partner with a construction team that delivers results
We work with you to develop tailored insurance programs that fit your unique business challenges. Our experience in the construction industry gives us unique insight into risk assessments that reveal opportunities for sounder protection and lower costs to manage your portfolio.
Our approach to building custom construction insurance solutions is supported by three proprietary tools, which help us analyze and offload risk:
- Gallagher Drive® Data and Analytics: Our premier data and analytics platform and industry-leading consulting expertise helps you get the most from your risk management program.
- Gallagher CORE360®: A comprehensive solution for evaluating risk management that leverages analytical tools and diverse resources for customized, maximum impact on six cost drivers of your total cost of risk.
- Gallagher Build. Designed for the specific needs of the construction industry in Canada, this service provides the ability to quote, bind and place builders risk coverage from one source, efficiently.
Capitalize on our global construction insurance expertise
Serving customers in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia, Gallagher's insurance experts' breadth and depth of expertise includes property, casualty, professional, environmental and development lines of coverage.
Locally grown. Globally connected.
Our Canadian roots run deep, dating back to 1890. With close to 1,200 insurance professionals in more than 30 offices across Canada, we provide the local service and expertise necessary to deliver insurance solutions for your unique challenges.