Commercial General Liability Insurance
Canadian expertise and solutions.
Start your journey with us today.
Start your journey today.
Commercial General Liability Insurance helps to protect your business from potential devastating monetary loss arising from such a lawsuit. The chances of a business getting sued for bodily injury, personal injury or property damage to a third party have dramatically increased.
Claims stemming from negligent acts by you, others within your organization or others acting on behalf of your organization, can arise from a variety of circumstances:
- A product you manufacture or supply causes bodily injury and/or property damage to a third party
- Property damage and/or bodily injury to a third party results from your business operations
- Allegations of libel, slander or defamation are brought against you by a third party
Commercial General Liability typically provides coverages for expense stemming from allegations of bodily injury or property damage such as:
- Amount the insurer spends to investigate or defend the claim or suit brought against you
- Other costs incurred directly by the insurance company, such as lawyer fees, witness fees, police report costs
- Any court costs or other costs assessed against you in a suit
- Reasonable expenses you incur at the insurance company's request to aid in your defence against a claim, such as your loss of income for a day spent in court
- Any judgment or settlement arising from a covered suit
- Any required interest on the judgment if the defence is unsuccessful
- Medical expenses for injured parties
- Premiums for any bonds required by a liability suit