Proactive risk management strategies that reduce loss
Gallagher's Risk Control team includes more than 100 safety and loss control professionals with in-depth knowledge of current and emerging regulations, safety and health management, and operational exposures. The loss control insurance and risk management team leverages their experience in implementing risk improvement strategies to positively impact your cost of risk. We focus on prompt reporting and incident investigations, exposure specific employee and supervisor training, educational and accountability programs.
Our team offers a variety of loss control tools, resources and services for all lines of coverages. We then work with you to ascertain areas of concern, excessive expense and the direction of their corporate risk strategy. Our job is to know and understand your areas of focus and then provide input on loss prevention and mitigation.
Partnerships that minimize exposures through risk management consulting
We partner with your operations and risk management team to develop a strategy to protect people, property and profits by supplementing internal resources and carrier capabilities with Gallagher's risk control professionals.
Our loss control approach begins with understanding our clients and their business objectives. Then we leverage analytical reviews of operational exposures and loss data to pinpoint trends by causal factors and key location exposures. This review provides insights that we the use to develop risk improvement solutions for the types of claims and, exposures your organization has faces. This information helps us develop a longer-term risk assumption strategy to positively impact your total cost of risk.
We offer a broad suite of loss control services as well as customized solutions for your unique needs, including:
- participation in corporate leadership meetings to advance pre- and post-loss cost containment strategy
- operational safety and risk assessments to educate the leadership on what to look for and how to address operational risk;
- direct leadership in the Total Worker Health concept of integrating relative to safety and employee health programs
- guidance and expertise in regulatory compliance, ergonomics exercises and equipment, job rotation and safety incentive programs
- identifying specific job related factors that affect employee health as well as workforce demographics that effect employee ability to work safely
- oversight and management of carrier resources to advance operational and financial objectives
- coordination of carrier audit deficiencies with cost effective corrective action plans
Preparation leads to better protection
Education and training are important components of an organization's safety and health program. We work with clients to identify areas for improvement and to develop loss control and safety training by using carrier and Gallagher resources. By creating practical solutions, our training addresses exposures we uncover in actual operations. . Our loss control and safety training utilize a combination of onsite, online and webinar real-time tools. Below are some of the resources we offer to educate and train your employees and supervisors. All programs promote a safer work environment, help you remain current on regulatory matters, and aid in mitigating risk:
- Safety essentials training: Training for supervisors helps build management skills and safety knowledge. Training is delivered on-site or over the internet in a live workshop type of setting. Workshop and webcasts provide for breakout sessions to develop practical solutions to solve live concerns at facility and operation level. Safety training series enhance organizational objectives in four key areas:
- Safety culture values- safety values and personal liability
- Communications skills- supervision and incident investigations
- Analytical skills- safety benchmarks and job hazard analysis
- Claims cost-containment- insurance and regulatory
- Risk management strategy webcasts: Management level webcasts that address emerging regulatory issues and strategies, which should be considered to help reduce your total cost of risk.
- Risk management - safety insight: A monthly safety publication for managers and supervisors on emerging regulatory issues and what to do to mitigate financial impact and legal liability on management.
- A minute for safety talk topic: A monthly publication on basic safety for employees.
- Workshop webcasts: Webcasts to communicate safety problems and concerns. Participation includes virtual breakout rooms to develop practical solutions to address real world safety concerns.
- Loss control solution outreach: Gallagher loss control consultants can be accessed to obtain additional insight and share solutions that address safety and risk management improvements areas
- Onsite safety consultation services: Professional and experienced onsite safety consultant.