This Enlightment Text is provided by Gallagher Sigorta ve Reasürans Brokerliği A.Ş. ("Gallagher" or "Our Company") as a data controller within the scope of the article 10 of the Personal Data Protection Law and the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles to be Complied with in Fulfilling the Obligation to Inform. Our Company is part of the Arthur J. Gallagher global group of companies. Please kindly note that as a registered insurance and reinsurance broker in Türkiye, Our Company has legal secrecy obligation as stated in Article 31/A of Insurance Law No. 5684.
Purpose of personal data processing
Gallagher processes your personal data for below purposes within the scope of carrying out our insurance and reinsurance brokerage and risk consultancy activities as per the Regulation on Insurance and Reinsurance Brokers:
- To receive and respond to your information requests about our processes, services and products,
- To fulfil our obligations under insurance and reinsurance brokerage and to provide you with an offer to place the appropriate insurance coverage, to determine the market placement, to place the appropriate insurance coverage and to provide you with the insurance coverage that suits your needs and to provide Scheme Management services,
- Prevention and detection of and investigating and prosecuting fraud, carrying out fraud, sanctions, credit and anti-money laundering checks,
- Fulfilling our obligations pursuant to laws or regulatory provisions,
- To arrange for the collection of, to collect or refund premiums or pay claims, to assist in any insurance claims, renewals, mid-term adjustments of your insurance policy or cancellations, to trace and recover debts,
- To keep records of our business and accounting records, insurance policies we place, claims made under these policies, and business entities we interact with, analyzing financial results, complying with internal audit requirements and to apply for and claim on our own insurance,
- Monitor the usage of our website, to advertise, market and promote our services and products,
- Advising, improving or developing products and services through risk modelling and data analysis, e.g. understanding risk exposures, crafting solutions with appropriate insurance coverage, limits, deductibles based on historical datasets,
- Analyzing, reviewing, assessing, tailoring and improving our business models, products and services and maintaining security.
You can find the details of your processed personal data and the purposes of processing here.
Methods and legal grounds for the collection of your personal data
Gallagher collects your personal data on the website or by means of written, verbal, video, electronic, online communication and sometimes partially or completely using automatic tools and methods, from you or someone else acting on your behalf; your employer, another broker and insurers, third parties involved in the insurance process, the policyholder, third parties in claims processes, third parties that can introduce Our Company to clients, other companies within the Arthur J. Gallagher group, credit reference organisations, insurance industry fraud prevention and detection databases and sanctions screening service providers, government agencies and professional regulatory agencies, based on the following legal compliance reasons:
- It is clearly prescribed laws,
- Provided that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of a contract, it is necessary to process the personal data of the parties to the contract, to be able to offer the requested products and services and to fulfil the requirements of the contracts you have concluded,
- It is compulsory for the fulfillment of the legal obligation,
- It has been made public by you,
- Data processing is mandatory for the establishment, exercise or protection of a right,
- Data processing is mandatory for the legitimate interests of Our Company, provided that it does not harm your fundamental rights and freedoms,
- Your explicit consent.
In particular, your special category personal data, including your health data, is collected, stored and processed within the above-mentioned purposes and on the grounds of compliance with the law from the parties mentioned above:
- Your explicit consent,
- Personal data other than health and sexual life, which are special category personal data, without seeking explicit consent in cases prescribed by law,
- Personal data related to health and sexual life, on the other hand, without seeking explicit consent can only be processed by authorized institutions and organisations or by persons who are under the obligation to keep confidential, for the purpose of protecting public health, performing preventive medicine, medical diagnosis, treatment and care services, planning and managing health services and financing (for example, your health insurance policies).
To whom and for what purpose personal data can be transferred
Your personal data may be transferred by Gallagher to achieve the above-mentioned purposes to other companies within the Arthur J. Gallagher group, other insurance intermediaries, insurers, reinsurers or other companies operating in the insurance distribution channel, other brokers or parties acting directly on your behalf and contacting Our Company to arrange for an insurance policy for you, to third parties (accountants, auditors, lawyers and other experts) who assist Our company regarding the management of insurance policies, insurance brokerage platform providers, fraud detection agencies and other third parties that operate and maintain fraud detection registries, regulators, law enforcement agencies, government agencies and institutions, other insurers of our own insurance, authorized institutions of the insurance industry, credit reference organizations, contracted third party service providers (information technology suppliers, finance and payment providers, actuaries, auditors, lawyers, marketing agencies, document management providers, tax consultants, debt collection agencies and insurance software providers) and selected third parties in connection with the sale, transfer or liquidation of our business, and to domestic and international servers due to information technologies that these parties can use, or to the cloud in cases where cloud computing is used.
Rights of the data subjects
In accordance with the provisions of article 11 of the Law, you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Learning whether your personal data is processed,
- If your personal data is being processed, obtaining information about them,
- To learn what is the purpose of processing your personal data and whether your personal data is used in accordance with its purpose,
- Learning who the third parties are, if any, to whom the personal data is transferred at home or abroad, and which personal data is transferred,
- Requesting correction of the processed personal data if it is incomplete or incorrect,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of your processed personal data, in case the reasons for the processing of your personal data disappear or your personal data loses its accuracy,
- In case of correction, deletion or destruction of your personal data, requesting the notification of these processes to the third parties to whom your personal data has been transferred,
- Objecting to the emergence of a result against you by analysing your processed personal data exclusively through automated systems,
- You have the right to demand the compensation of the damage if you suffer damage due to unlawful processing of your personal data.
You can submit your requests to Our Company by contacting us:
Address: Emaar Square, Ünalan Mh. Libadiye Cad. No: 82-F Kat: 30, Emaar, 34700, Üsküdar / İstanbul
Telephone: +90 216 401 29 29
Fax: +90 216 401 29 30
Your requests will be answered as soon as possible and within thirty days at the latest, depending on the nature of the request, and free of charge if the transaction does not require any additional cost.