Education that empowers environmental risk management
Our team of environmental insurance and risk management experts provides you with the knowledge to navigate the complexities of environment risk management and then helps you develop organization-wide insurance policies to transfer your risk while enabling your business to move forward. We do this with a thorough risk assessment that involves your entire organization for optimal solutions and work with you to plan and implement risk solutions.
Our Environmental team supports all industry sectors with key expertise in:
- Healthcare – Helping to mitigate risk from site contamination to medical waste disposal to indoor air quality.
- Real Estate & Hospitality – Risk assessments and solutions ranging from protection against mold liability, asbestos to lead-based paint issues.
- Transactions – Working with clients to address environmental risks encountered during acquisitions and divestitures
- Environmental Professionals – Developing unique programs to protect companies involved in environmental due diligence and remediation activities
- Contractors – Protecting contractors from a wide range of pollution exposures resulting from contracting operations
- K-12 Schools and Higher Education – Working with education clients to maximize protection from indoor air quality, legionella, and other potentially catastrophic environmental issues
- Municipalities – Helping our public entity clients manage risks associated with wastewater treatment, water supply, landfills, and other municipal operations
- Manufacturers, Chemicals and Waste Disposal Companies – Working with clients to structure broad liability policies that include comprehensive site and products pollution coverage
- Transportation – Working with a customer with trucking terminal and tank washing station that was identified to have petroleum contamination in the surrounding soil.
Expert environmental risk management analysis
Depending on the need, we may conduct one or a combination services designed to lower your total cost of risk that may include:
- insurance program evaluations. Identify potential gaps in coverage; recommend coverage enhancements; evaluate loss control and claims service.
- Design cost-effective environmental insurance solutions. Design customized solutions that include fixed-site pollution liability coverage, contractor’s pollution and professional liability, environmental consultants’ professional liability programs, underground storage tanks, asbestos and lead paint programs.
- Environmental education. Provide your team insight into where you may be exposed to environmental risks and how to analyze coverage options.
- Environmental risk management alternatives. Create solutions such as non-insurance risk transfer, self-insurance programs, and blended solutions (combining standard risk transfer with other asset protection techniques to provide balance sheet relief)
- Contract assistance. Advise on a variety contracts that have the potential to impact your environment risk exposure. These include lease agreement, construction contracts, service agreements, purchase orders, contracts of property sale and material supply contracts.
- Claims and litigation support. Provide guidance for our clients experiencing environmental claims and/or litigation matters, including claims reviews, coverage evaluations and recommendations of coverages.
Environmental Practice Summary
- Industry leading environmental insight
- Dedicated environmental and insurance professionals
- Overall business consulting through an environmental lens with a key organizational stakeholders