*Provided by Premium Credit Limited subject to credit check. Policy limits and exclusions may apply. Please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions.
Cover multiple taxis in one policy
Taxi fleet insurance may be suitable for taxi business owners with three or more vehicles for hire. Whether you operate on a private or public hire basis, or have a mixture of vehicles including black cabs, minicabs or minibuses, you may need to consider taxi fleet insurance as an option.
What is taxi fleet insurance?
Taxi fleet insurance combines cover for multiple vehicles into one policy, with a single renewal date and premium. It may cover different vehicle types, and provide cover for as many vehicles as you require. Should you need to add or remove vehicles throughout the year, insurance cover can be provided on a pro-rata basis.
You will typically need to have more than three taxi vehicles to be classed as a taxi fleet, although this may vary from one insurer to another.
What levels of insurance are available?
A taxi fleet policy can be purchased in a similar way to most other fleet insurances. At Gallagher, we can offer the following covers:
- For fleets with three or more vehicles on the following basis:
- Third party only
- Third party, fire and theft
- Protected no claims discount
- Cover for private hire or public hire
- Mixed vehicle policies can be considered
- Cover for inexperienced taxi drivers and new badge holders
- Optional breakdown covers
- Motor legal protection
- Cover for coaches, MPVs and minibuses
We may also offer owner-driver schemes where applicable. This means we can arrange cover for vehicles owned by drivers on your fleet policy.
What else do I need to consider?
Alongside taxi fleet insurance, some business owners may need to consider other types of policies to provide wider levels of cover. These can include cover for taxi bases, public liability insurance, and if you employ staff, you may need employers’ liability insurance.
Our friendly fleet team can help you with the quotation process. We will discuss your current business activities to establish the appropriate levels of insurance, and use our experience to obtain quotes from our fleet insurance partners.
What does taxi fleet insurance cost?
Each fleet insurance quote is compiled for your unique business requirements, so it can be difficult to predict what your premium may be.
A number of factors will be taken into consideration including:
- How many vehicles you operate
- Type of vehicles you own or lease
- The nature of your business
- Your trading history
- Driver background, age and experience
- Where you operate from
Why choose taxi fleet insurance from Gallagher?
Your taxi fleet insurance can, in most cases, be arranged over the phone. However, for larger risks, we can visit your premises at a time that is convenient for you. Choosing a suitable fleet insurance broker to look after your business is important.
At Gallagher, we have a dedicated team of fleet insurance account executives available to discuss your fleet insurance requirements. Contact us on 0800 062 2324.
Taxi Fleet Insurance
- Cover available for taxi fleets with three vehicles or more
- Quotations over the phone, or we can visit you
- Extra covers available, such as public liability and employers’ liability
- Flexible payment options*