Ruby Hamacher, MSA, SHRM-SCP, CDP, DIP, CAAP
Managing Director: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Ruby Hamacher is a Managing Director with Gallagher's Human Resources and Compensation Consulting practice. Ruby offers extensive experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives and is the recipient of multiple community DEI awards.
Ruby previously led the DEI and HR Compliance teams at a large Fortune 500 company, with additional experience in manufacturing, retail, and healthcare sectors. She specializes in the design, implementation and management of diversity and inclusion strategies, programs, and initiatives to attract diverse talent, increase retention, promote inclusion, and develop employer-of-choice branding.
With a robust background in HR compliance and regulatory obligations, Ruby brings a proven track record of guiding organizations through the development and implementation of innovative DEI strategies to address underrepresentation across all levels of the organization. She has experience in developing workforce equity programs to support veterans, refugee and minority placement, recidivism avoidance with direct placement from incarceration, people with different abilities, and women.
In addition to DEI initiatives, she partners with organizations on continuous improvement, workforce data analytics, community connections, employee training and group facilitation.
Ruby is a frequent speaker and presenter at national and global conferences, including Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) and International Benefits Information Service (IBIS) Academy. She contributes as an HR Subject Matter Expert for SHRM (Society of Human Resources Management) as an exam and content writer.
She is a member of the Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM), Industry Liaison Group - National and Michigan Chapters, and Society for Diversity.
Education and designations
- Ruby earned a Master's of Science in Administration and Human Resources Management from Central Michigan University and holds a Bachelor's Degree from Grand Valley State University.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional in Human Resources (SHRM-SCP)
- Certified Diversity Professional (CDP), Institute for Diversity Certification
- Diversity & Inclusion Professional (DIP), University of Georgia Terry College of Business
- Certified Affirmative Action Professional (CAAP), American Association for Access, Equity and Diversity