Marc Piquette is a senior Human Resources consultant with over 25 years of HR experience. Marc is an experienced senior manager with extensive experience with all aspects of human resources, including labour relations, negotiations, mergers/amalgamations, occupational health and safety, compliance, performance management, policy development and human resource planning. Marc effectively uses his strong analytical stills and ability to put strategy into action, to help organizations navigate complexity and to deliver client-focused services.
Marc has held positions as a hospital chief executive officer, corporate services executive, chief human resources officer and director of human resources. He has extensive experience providing human resources and management services to private sector employers, hospitals, long-term care facilities, community agencies, colleges, universities, municipalities and First Nations communities.
Marc graduated from Laurentian University with an honours bachelor of arts degree in Political Science and Government and attended the University of Ottawa, where he graduated with a bachelor of laws degree. Marc also has a master's degree in Business Administration focused on human resources and improving organization performance from Athabasca University.
Some of his accomplishments include:
- Successfully negotiated numerous collective agreements without disruption, within mandate and sustaining strong relationships.
- Conducted numerous workplace investigations that successfully resolved complex complaints and disputes.
- Provided expert practical and plain language advice on contract administration that was customized to meet the unique needs of clients.
- Successfully participated in grievance meetings, mediation and arbitration achieving sustainable solutions in difficult circumstances.
- Negotiated complex human resource transfers, mergers and amalgamations.
- Communicated significant funding reform financial impacts to unions and staff, developed and delivered staff information sessions, guided cost savings strategy development and implementation while maintaining positive employee relations.
- Implemented lean quality improvement cultures and initiatives resulting in a reduction in waste, significant cost savings and increased satisfaction.
- Guided organizations developing competency-based systems to guide behavior, development and assessment and support achievement of organization objectives.
- Acted as the employer nominee in rights Boards of Arbitration and interest Boards of Arbitration.