Affordable housing risk management: Acquisition/Pre-Development/Construction
Affordable housing risk management for nonprofits is key to project success before the property is built or the ink is dry on closing. From the beginning, we help foresee risks and exposures before they become a problem. We are with you every step of the way to help you manage the expectations and responsibilities upon you, particularly from funding sources, and the partnerships you have built.
- Risk assessment. From the beginning of the lifecycle we help with rehabilitation, renovation and new construction, especially with coordinating coverage within sensitive timing of financing.
- Insurance placement. We use our expertise to work with carriers to obtain coverage of all types of construction and acquisitions including distressed sites.
- Oversight and best practices. We work with you throughout the development phase to help set up a smooth transition to operational asset protection programs, including contractual risk transfer, quality control and compliance.
Managing affordable housing development projects’ assets
Continuous improvement and finding the correct affordable housing insurance for nonprofit organizations is vital for a healthy enterprise. We help you develop best practices and procedures that reduces your risk and protects your assets.
- Affordable housing insurance best practices. We provide asset protection, implementing and maintaining risk management programs. We engage with property management staff, whether a third party or on your in-house team, as well as your administrative and program staff or volunteers to close gaps.
- Affordable housing insurance placement. Our understanding surrounding the nuances of managed assets and business operations (including resident services) of nonprofit organizations and affiliates aids you in getting customized coverage.
- Contractual risk transfer. We make sure you are protected throughout transitions with support and consultation for vendor and partner agreements.
- Affordable housing and nonprofit liaison: We work hands on with lender and investor partners on insurance requirements, compliance and negotiations when necessary.
Affordable housing consulting and corporate governance protection
Our affordable housing consulting for nonprofits helps you with the day-to-day oversight of your risk management programs. We make sure you have access to the most competitive markets with the best information for tailored programs to support your goals.
- Risk assessment. We analyze and help you develop corporate policies and procedures as well as provide management liability for corporate officers and your board of directors. We also aid your board with the best information so they can make better informed decisions for the health of your organization.
- Insurance placement. We employ our expertise and carrier relationships to accurately define your insurable risk as well as facilitate robust discussions about your organization’s risk tolerance.
- Strategic review. Internal and peer-to-peer benchmarking helps reduce your total cost of risk.
- Claims management. Our proprietary claims management process aids you in closing out claims efficiently and in a cost-effective way.
Affordable housing consulting services and reviews
We are always working to help you improve and deliver better services to your community. We use data-driven measurement and affordable housing consulting, so you have confidence your organization and real estate portfolio are being managed as well as possible.
- Reviews. You will be able to track developments or trends with the insurance and risk management program.
- Training. Ongoing initiatives engage team members, focusing on preventing claims and reducing risk helping you educate and empower your team to be proactive.
- Information. We help you stay ahead of affordable housing trends, locally and across the country, with actionable information.
About our Nonprofit clients
We are proud to be a leader in providing insurance and HR and benefits consulting to a wide array of Nonprofit clients. We work with many affordable housing developers and owners from project start into operations managing their risk through each phase of building new communities.