Due diligence that mitigates risk
What makes the Gallagher Private Equity and M&A team effective is our approach to due diligence. Private equity investors have complex risks stemming from myriad sources, including investors, limited partners, regulatory agencies, portfolio companies and employees. Successful investing requires partners willing and able to help you anticipate and mitigate these risks. Our practice combines the strength of our risk management with our human capital experts to uncover risks for all types of mergers and acquisitions.
Protecting profitability by managing risk
Our process has aided private equity investors in navigating the complex risks associated with investing. Gallagher's global Private Equity and M&A team and expertise have provided private equity insurance and risk management solutions for all types of investors and investment structures. We address exposures during all stages of the investment cycle, including:
- Fund protection. We help manage litigation risk through insurance to protect your investments.
- Transaction support. Our due diligence process uncovers exposures and provides risk transfer solutions.
- Portfolio management. We have solutions that accommodate all aspects of management of investments.
- Restructuring and exit. Our team uncovers risk during a period of change for your investments, so you're protected throughout the process.
- Transactional risk solutions. We create risk management solutions that protect the buyer and the seller throughout the transaction.
Risk management for all industries
Our global Private Equity and M&A team works across all sectors, including technology and telecommunications, manufacturing and transportation, to name a few. Our ability to pivot and contribute across all sectors and sizes of business is due to our global network of committed, knowledgeable staff. Our due diligence process and insurance products include:
- Risk management due diligence consulting to discovers and assess risks
- Transactional products that address your transaction risk exposures with customized solutions
- Ongoing risk management and consulting to provide risk management throughout the transaction lifecycle
- Warranty and indemnity insurance that covers breaches of representation, warranties or certain indemnities that occur in the sale of a business
- Prospectus liability protection to safeguard against litigation for companies and their directors
- Tax opinion insurance that removes uncertainty about tax issues and thus removes barriers to fulfillment of an investment
- Environmental insurance to protect a property for which the extent of environmental damage is unknown
Who we serve in our Private Equity and M&A practice
We work with all members of the private equity and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) community. Our proven methodologies and coverage options are designed to be flexible to meet the needs at all points of the M&A process for the following:
- Private equity
- Hedge funds
- Venture capital
- Asset management operations
- "Pass the hat" investment teams
- Publicly traded alternative asset management firms
- Corporate client add-ons and divestitures
Maximizing the human side of growth during all points of M&A lifecycle
Whether you're a large online shoe company looking to grow or a traditional regional manufacturer merging with a national player, the Gallagher Private Equity and M&A team has a keen focus on evaluating and mitigating the risk side of benefits and human capital during all stages of investment. We work with private equity firms as well as corporate clients to help them promote greater profitability and to increase value by decreasing risk. Our offerings include:
- Due diligence. We rigorously review data to identify issues, risks and liabilities impacting a transaction. We identify red flags and recommend remedies and savings opportunities.
- New client transition. Using knowledge gained during from the due diligence process, we establish new programs and benefits that support your goals.
- Portfolio solutions. Gallagher provides proven portfolio-wide cost saving solutions while supporting each portco's strategy for competitiveness and providing local HR support.
- Integrate and harmonize. Our proven SPACE process — Strategy, Program/benefits, Accounting implications, Compliance and Engagement — ensure successful human capital harmonization in mergers or add-on transaction.
- Mergers and acquisition readiness. Our proprietary Work Force Evaluation and COPS assessment tools facilitate program integration and harmonization of each acquisition.
- Divestiture readiness. Our process is designed to help clients optimize deal value and execute a successful divestiture strategy.