Aligned with your mission and values, committed to results that go beyond dollars and cents
From employment best practices and culture building, to unique manuscripting for coverages such as cyber risk and child sexual abuse, the Gallagher Nonprofit insurance and risk management team offers you front line service as well as access to an even broader proprietary network of experts who are ready to help – living out the Gallagher Way value of teamwork. Nonprofits are navigating a complex world and a public that expects the highest standards of care. We see ourselves as your partners anticipating and planning with you to make sure this ‘duty of care’ is of the highest priority. We witness nonprofits everyday facing a competitive workforce, calls for transparency and financial sustainability. Gallagher is a thought leader in providing proven insurance expertise that helps you reduce risks, manage exposures, advocate on claims and mobilize technology to maximize program efforts; this way, more funds can go toward mission and sustainability long term.
Innovation and efficiency in the 21st Century
Looking at risk holistically we have helped the nonprofit sector parse the many layers of risk – both human capital and assets overall. In fact, we have many nonprofits looking to consolidate these otherwise separate efforts (property & casualty and workers comp) and health & welfare benefits consulting as one enterprise undertaking.
We work with more than 24,000 nonprofits around the globe – small to large – bringing insights and expertise that sustain and protect their missions. We serve:
- the broader 501 c 3 agencies who do good in society
- social service organizations including residential agencies, handicapped facilities, homeless shelters, foodbanks
- non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- cultural institutions and foundations
- nursing homes and long-term care institutions
- community-based organizations (CBOs)
- associations and affinity groups
We offer consultative services relating to nonprofits and their needs in three main categories:
- Business Continuity. Providing governance consulting for nonprofit boards
- Benefits and HR Consulting Services. Our Gallagher Better Works framework delivers a comprehensive approach to benefits, compensation, retirement, employee communications and workplace culture centers on the full spectrum of organizational wellbeing. From executive benefits, multinational benefits and hr, pharmacy and voluntary benefits, we work with you to design programs to align with your goals.
- Insurance and Risk Management. Our team evaluates your nonprofit’s total cost of risk using CORE360™ approach and the data and analytics tools to provide additional insights from benchmarking tools to placements. Our team will leverage alternative risk financing including captives to manage your exposures and lower your cost. We review your current coverages and your goals to see if your risk is properly balanced and gaps are reduced.
Business Continuity + Nonprofit Boards and Executive Teams
Nonprofit boards and executive teams ultimately work to protect the nonprofit’s reputation and assets and while also looking to maintain sustainability long terms. As your strategic partner, we look beyond coverage and limits, but through the lens of business continuity management and enterprise risk management. We employ various processes, including our Riskmap process that engages your key stakeholders in identifying your strengths and weakness and means to building strategic plans. Strategic plans include analysis of the following areas:
Assets – A nonprofits endowments and physical assets are core to a nonprofit. Often overlooked is the reputation. Reputation risk can be challenge to insure and we take a closer look at your nonprofits reputation risk through the enterprise risk management process.
Exposure – This critical evaluation examines the mission and the risk-reward analysis to uncover gaps and exposed areas of liability. Understanding your nonprofit’s mission and the stakeholders you serve are critical to taking on and avoiding certain risks. Nonprofits help society solve many challenges and these opportunities require proven risk management programs in place to protect the nonprofit and its reputation long term.
Jurisdiction – With states exercising control over prior protections, such as charitable immunity and statute of limitations, we will analyze your jurisdiction’s history and track record of verdicts as part of your overall strategy.
Limits as targets - We look at limits both as potential targets for litigators and well as strategies to protect the assets of the organization. While limits can protect your assets, they may be discoverable for litigation which could be devastating if a full limit is triggered.
Duty of care – We see this as the most critical discussion between board and staff leaders. Being prepared and knowing your risks is in this era of transparency and accountability is a mandate in today’s world. “Just Google It” makes it impossible not to know. We help you make informed decisions daily, knowing the risks and rewards, thus allowing you to align mitigation with insurance, risk management and operational best practices.
By providing business continuity evaluations, you establish reasonable precaution and worries of appropriate limits subside while protecting your nonprofit and board’s personal assets.
Serving something larger
We share your values and work with you to make the nonprofit community more sustainable and vibrant. We host think tanks, attend every major conference and study trends in insurance and the nonprofit space to provide unparalleled guidance and risk management. In this way, we are able to provide you with advice and consulting that protects your organization, its employees, volunteers and ultimately its mission.
Nonprofit Practice Summary
- Marshalling our specialized resources around the world for the benefit of the Third Sector
- Access to comprehensive lines of coverage from automotive and cyber liability to property
- Deep understanding of the niche and the issues of employment attraction and retention