Managing Principal Consultant
Pete Mitchell is a Managing Principal with the Physician Compensation and Valuation team of Gallagher's Human Resources & Compensation Consulting practice.
Pete joined Gallagher in 2013 and has extensive experience as a healthcare consultant advising health systems, hospitals, and physician practices on a variety of strategic, compliance, and financial engagements. These engagements include physician compensation strategy, Fair Market Value and Commercial Reasonableness reviews, physician and APP compensation audits, system/medical group merger talent strategy, and physician integration transactions.
Pete received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from the University of St. Thomas and a Master's degree in Business Administration from the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management.
- Facilitated compensation re-design for multispecialty employed medical group
- Supported health system's compliance committee including annual compliance audit and ad-hoc physician compensation support
- Authored FMV opinions on employed physician agreemens, professional services agreements, medical director agreements, and call coverage agreements.
- Facilitated acquisition and integration of physician practices within an established health system/medical group
- Redesigned department compensation formula for an academic medical group