Risk Management Strategies Global Webcasts
Our Risk Management Strategies Webcasts – Global Series was so popular that we’ve collected them in one convenient place for replay at your convenience, on-demand 24/7/365. Click each Gallagher logo on the PDF to replay the webcast of your choosing. (Please note that the video loading may be a little slow.) The topic and description of each webcast is noted below:
• 9 “Secret Keys” that Unlock Breaththrough Results: Robert Pater is Managing Director of Strategic Safety Associates and creator of the MoveSMART® system. He writes rites for Professional Safety, Occupational Health & Safety and the Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.’s Risk Management Safety Insight newsletter. In this webcast, he discusses the keys to global class performance, safety culture and methods, six critical safety mindsets and other key aspects.
• OSHA Compliance – Globally Harmonized System (GHS): As a Labor and Employment Attorney and Partner with Seyfarth Shaw, Mark Lies specializes in Occupational Safety and Health Law, advising and representing companies in OSHA settlement meetings. Mr. Lies presents an overview of GHS, Hazard Classification System, labeling, Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and training requirements.
• Safety Communication – Speakers of Spanish and Other Languages: As a teacher for 10 years, Melissa Burkhart, worked closely with Spanish-speaking students and their families. In 2001, she founded Futuro Sólido USA, a Spanish language agency emphasizing bridging cultural as well as language barriers. Ms. Burkhart addresses issues such as the different definitions of safety and risk; why translation alone does not onboard employees with safety; misconceptions about safety in the workplace and methods for conducting effective safety training in Spanish.
• Avoiding Exposure Using Independent Contractors: Attorney Mark Lies with Seyfarth Shaw addresses another critical issue – independent contractors and risk. Mr. Lies highlights numerous factors used to determine if a worker is an independent contractor or an employee; applicable federal and state laws; potential penalties arising from misclassification; current government enforcement and private litigation trends and best practices for avoiding misclassification penalties.
• Combustible Dust Standard Update: Joe Howicz, CSP, CFPS is an Occupational Safety and Fire Protection Expert for Accident Prevention Corporation (APC). Mr. Howicz has developed many OSHA courses and combustible training programs for federal and state OSHA inspectors. Mike Serpe, CSP also presents during this session. Mr. Serpe is an Environmental and Safety Engineer with extensive OSHA and EPA experience. He has developed and taught combustible dust courses for OSHA, the National Safety Education Center and many other clients. During this webcast, the presenters discuss recommendations for avoiding OSHA combustible dust violations; the NFPA 654 (2013) requirements of combustible dust accumulated outside of equipment; practices for the safe removal of combustible dust and more related information.