Efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19 — from improving worksite ventilation to lowering the numbers of workers on the site at the same time — have profoundly impacted construction industry productivity. Understanding these disruptions can help you factor costs into future bids and, even if not compensable, they may result in an excusable delay and reduce your liability.
COVID-19 by the numbers
- 70-90% of the construction industry could become sick with COVID-19 at some point1
- CEOs spent 12 hours per week addressing COVID-19 in Q3/Q4 of 20202
- 9.2% productivity impact for mechanical work3
- 8.7% impact on productivity due to COVID-19 mitigation3
- 17.9% total lost productivity3
Read about the factors contributing to lost productivity and the top five actions you can take to help prove price inefficiency claims by downloading our whitepaper, Measuring Lost Productivity Due to COVID-19 in the Construction Industry.