We're all extremely concerned with the tragic situation occurring in the Middle East, and our thoughts are with everyone impacted by this unthinkable violence. Gallagher's Multinational Benefits and HR Consulting practice can help you, your employees and their families with travel medical benefits, assistance and security. We provide support with anything related to Duty of Care, including keeping abreast of what's ahead, designing contingency plans, charting coverages and identifying any gaps.
We have deep expertise in providing help and support for many of our clients, including acting in the Authorized Person (AP) role — AP is an around-the-clock service, with a first line of contact. Our AP team has first-hand experience with expediting medical approvals, interpreting coverage, partnering with clients' assistance companies and/or insurance carriers, with cases ranging from medical evacuations or security needs (e.g., charter flights or armed transport), as well as other unique situations to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our clients' workforce.
As you shift from handling the immediate needs of travelers in the region to contingency planning for assisting local team members — including whether to relocate families — here are some items to consider:
- Mapping each population and their needs assessment
- Identifying coverage gaps in security evacuations, war risk exclusions in medical and travel plans, and "innocent bystander" injuries from terrorism
- Support for collating and distributing the many resources available from various vendors and other sources
- Operations and access — Emergency Assistance vendors can offer short-term and long-term contracts for programs to support some or all of the affected population
- Telehealth solutions from global or regional vendors
- Mental health support from global vendors offering free access or short-term contracts
Gallagher acts as an extension of our clients' team with AP support, integrating insurances with assistance programs, and providing support for medical and security needs.