Gallagher’s Health & Welfare solutions are driven by data and insights. Proprietary analytics, benchmarking and measurement processes bring real-world data into focus, so that you can make strategic decisions about your benefits plan, your future and the needs of your employees.
You have access to our substantial toolset of analytics that includes planners, data modelers, workforce evaluation systems and more. You’ll get the insights you need to build not just a great employee benefits and compensation plan but also a great workforce that’s engaged, motivated and invested in your organization’s success.
Have you benchmarked the internal performance of your benefits programs across plans, divisions, networks or employee groups? Do you have access to detailed claim level data for renewal and strategic planning purposes? How does your plan’s financial performance match up against other organizations?
With GBSInsider Healthcare Benchmarking Analysis Reports, you will be able to assess where, how, and to what end healthcare dollars are being spent.
Benchmarking provides employers with a standard to which you can compare benefit programs in order to determine the competitiveness and cost effectiveness of your programs. GBSInsider, our proprietary data warehouse and online analytics and reporting system, was specifically designed by our actuaries, underwriters and analysts to provide plan sponsors with the information needed to effectively understand and manage the cost and utilization of their health plans. And you can look at these factors in so many ways — by employer size, type of industry, regional differences, percentage-based, dollar-based or percentage of salary.
The benchmarking data we provide can also help you determine what changes could be made to enhance your plan, enabling your benefits package to be more competitive and lowering your overall plan costs. There’s power in those numbers. Let Gallagher’s Health & Welfare Consulting team help you become more informed about your benefits programs.
How will the federally-mandated health plan changes impact your organization’s benefits costs? What are the penalties for non-compliance? What impact do your benefits have on employee engagement and productivity as part of a total rewards approach?
These questions are just a few you might be considering these days. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) is impacting organizations and their employees across the country. Are you prepared?
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.’s Health & Welfare Consulting team offers a consultative process along with a suite of support tools that can help you assess the strategic, financial and operational impact healthcare reform will have on your organization. Some of these solutions include:
HCR Planner is an interactive tool that helps your organization create a concrete action plan to keep abreast of the rapidly evolving healthcare reform rules. This tool provides the framework to identify provisions of PPACA that will apply specifically to your organization, document any gaps between your organization’s current benefits offerings and the legal requirements, and determine next steps in planning your organization’s response to the current aspects of the law.
Health Rating Model
Health Rating Model (HRM) is one of the most sophisticated rating engines available to help your organization understand the financial impact of federally mandated health plan changes to your existing plans.
Workforce Evaluation is a simple, yet powerful tool that provides a unique perspective on the alignment between your benefits and total rewards program and your current and future workforce. This analysis is extremely useful in setting strategy and designing an effective program.
The combination of our consultative approach, the unparalleled Gallagher compliance resources, and use of the Gallagher proprietary tools will result in a customized solution that we will work on executing together.
Are your employees satisfied with their benefits and their enrollment experience? Are you confident your employees understand the full value of the benefits you offer?
The Gallagher Marketplace is a private marketplace - a technology solution that provides employees with the choice and flexibility to build a benefits package that meets their individual needs. Employees have access to the set amount of money their employer provides for them to spend on benefits (called the defined contribution). Employees log onto the online portal, fill out a quick questionnaire, receive personalized recommendations, and then purchase the benefits that suit their individual and family needs.
The Gallagher Marketplace solution can help your organization:
- Improve employee satisfaction by offering a broad choice of benefits
- Better predict and budget healthcare and other benefit expenses
- Reduce HR workload by offering state-of-the art benefits administration
- Enhance employee engagement by clearly communicating the value of the benefits and compensation you provide
Learn more about our proprietary private marketplace technology, the Gallagher Marketplace.
Are you constantly fielding questions on your employee’s personal benefits? Need an easy-to-use solution that gives your employees the access they need to their personalized benefits information? Connect2MyBenefits provides personalized, up-to-date communications and decision support tools for employers and employees to support the entire workforce life cycle - from hire to retire. It serves as a virtual, HR assistant providing employers and employees with the personalized information they need, when they need it. Key benefits include:
- Improved service to employees with fewer HR resources
- Increased effectiveness of employee communications
- Reduced administrative costs
Designed to be your turnkey HR Intranet, Connect2MyBenefits can be up and running in a minimal amount of time. With 24/7 access, employees and dependents can access essential information and tools without needing to contact HR.
How would you like having one-click access to your Gallagher consultant? Or secure electronic access to share documents back and forth with your Gallagher account team? At Gallagher, we believe that building strong relationships with our clients and keeping the lines of communication open is the cornerstone of our success and that is why we developed GBS Insight*. GBS Insight uses a powerful portal framework to deliver secure, personalized online access to the latest information and tools you need to effectively manage your company’s human resource and employee benefit needs.
GBS Insight offers the following complimentary core features:
- My Desktop ― A personalized workspace providing one-click access to all of your online insurance business needs with Gallagher. Store your most frequently used internet links or contact any one of your Gallagher account team members with a click of a mouse. Additionally, My Desktop also offers you valuable insight to the latest industry updates through daily news feeds from HR & Benefit Essentials.
- My Documents ― A personal directory of the documents you and your Gallagher account team can share. You can upload, download, and edit any document in your company folder and be assured you and your Gallagher account team are the only individuals that will access your company’s documents.
- My Benefit Plan ― A benefit plan manager that provides convenient electronic access to your comprehensive employee benefits plan. This can help improve employee customer service and enable more competitive and cost-efficient employee benefit packages by having your benefit plan readily available at your desktop.
- My Service Requests ― A secure message board where you can submit, respond to, and track service requests containing private health information to any member of your Gallagher account team.
In addition to the complimentary core features, GBS Insight will provide you with the optimum flexibility to add the following services to your personalized desktop:
- HReSource ― A powerful search engine and information repository powered by HR & Benefit Essentials that delivers human resource, employee benefits, compensation, employment and regulatory issue information with the depth and breadth you need to get your job done.
- Additional Gallagher Technology Solutions ― A convenient way to gain single sign-on access to additional technology solutions available through Gallagher. We will store your usernames and passwords and provide you with one-click access to our technology solutions. Technology solutions currently available through GBS Insight include SmartBen, Connect2MyBenefits, and GBSInsider.
*If you are a participating client to GBS Insight, click here to log in.
Are you in-between jobs, recently laid-off or is COBRA too expensive? Or, are you planning to retire soon, but are not yet eligible for Medicare? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then let our in-house individual insurance consultants help you find the right solutions based on your particular circumstances.
There are now more options than ever to purchase individual health insurance and we can help you compare the plans and prices available to you, make recommendations and assist with applying for coverage. We can also help with issues that may come up after you elect coverage.
We work with a variety of insurance providers to insure that we can provide you with the most comprehensive coverage for your premium dollar. To learn more, please click on one of the locations nearest you.
Whether you are a start-up or an established family business, we can offer a long-term strategy to help contain costs without reducing available benefits, be on-hand to help you with the day-to-day problems, and offer you services to aid staff productivity and retention. Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. offers a variety of small group benefit plans such as:
- Voluntary benefits
- Income protection
- Prescription drug benefits
- Investment plans
We also offer an array of value-added services normally only available to larger companies.
With the increasing complexity of healthcare and health insurance, employees and their families require more assistance in navigating their benefits and will look to their employers to provide assistance. Gallagher provides a number of employee advocacy services run by dedicated teams of claims experts and customer service professionals such as:
- Resolution of claims issues
- Billing and enrollment
- Benefits and coverage questions
- Wellness initiatives
- Employee communications
- Health risk appraisals
Some of the employee advocacy programs we have available include:
- Benefit Advocate Center
- Participant Advocate Link (PAL)
- Wellness Programs
- Disease Management and Case Management
Take the most tedious, time-consuming work off your plate and help shield your organization from legal liability by partnering with Gallagher. As part of our integrated service delivery approach, Gallagher offers complete in-house eligibility management, consolidated premium statements and COBRA administration. Our robust technology platform gives everyone on your Gallagher account team a single point of access to ensure accuracy and efficiency and your customer service and consulting contacts all have access to the same information as does your administrator.
Billing & Eligibility Management
Offering a selection of benefit options is a proven way of increasing employee satisfaction – but comes at the cost of complicated administration. To help you solve the challenges of benefits administration, Gallagher provides a professional outsourcing solution so you never have to see another carrier bill again.
Gallagher’s billing professionals prepare a single consolidated monthly premium statement tailored to your needs (i.e. by division, location or profit center). You’ll receive and review a single billing statement every month and make one payable request to your accounting department. Our solution also includes:
- Trained billing administrators with industry tenure
- Real-time enrollment and eligibility status tracking
- Employee advocacy and issue resolution
- Distribution of premiums and fees to carriers
- Direct feeds from your HRIS/payroll systems
- Online enrollment option
- Group Benefits Administration System (GBAS) with weekly feeds to eligibility systems of over 35 top carriers
- HIPAA and SOX compliant databases and record-keeping systems
COBRA continuation coverage is a highly regulated area of benefits administration, requiring meticulous tracking of notices and premiums. Gallagher provides a professional outsourcing solution that takes COBRA administration –and its legal risks – completely off your hands.
When an employee terminates, HR notifies Gallagher. From that point onward, our COBRA professionals will manage the entire process with the qualified beneficiaries, including sending notices, collecting and remitting premiums, answering questions and handling any issues. Gallagher shields our clients from penalty liability through a special contractual provision unique in our industry. Our service agreement guarantees reimbursement of penalties our clients may incur as a result of any potential error.
Our COBRA Administration solution also includes:
- Trained COBRA administrators with industry tenure
- Production, delivery and tracking of all required notifications
- Collection and remittance of premiums
- Monthly management reporting and open enrollment materials
- Support for COBRA participants
- Legal compliance resources, advice and education for HR
- Secure records retention and HIPAA-compliant procedures
- Errors & Omissions insurance coverage and penalty indemnification
*For Billing & Management Eligibility clients only.