Organising quotes and buildings insurance for leasehold flats and apartments is a big responsibility — Gallagher understands that and is here to help you find the block of flats insurance policy that meets your needs.
We’ve specialised in block of flats building insurance for more than 30 years, so we know that properties come in all shapes and sizes. Our specialists work to find cover for properties from a small block of two flats in a converted house to more than 200 flats in a purpose built block. We also provide cover for the following types of properties across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Purpose built
- Converted properties
- Standard and non-standard construction
- Listed buildings
- Unoccupied property
- Warehouse and loft conversions
We find suitable insurance cover at an appropriate price
You may be the director of a Residential Management Company (RMC) or Right to Manage (RTM) company, a member of a residents’ association, a leaseholder, a property manager or simply a resident volunteering to organise the building insurance and obtain block of flats insurance quotes for comparison.
We know that cover and price are important to you and that arranging cover can be complicated. It’s not like insuring a regular house. A block insurance policy provides property owners with protection. Most notably, it can help provide funds to help with the cost of repairs if property damage occurs and can even cover the cost to rebuild the property in the event of what insurers call a “total loss.”
With more than three decades of experience in the UK, you can utilise our specialists’ experience and knowledge to find an appropriate and cost effective building insurance cover for your needs.
Benefits of block of flats insurance cover for leaseholders
While every individual block of flats has its own unique set of risks, following is the cover you should expect in a standard block of flats insurance policy. Gallagher works with you to understand your unique needs and scales a risk program to align to your risk needs.
- Building cover, including accidental damage, water damage, fire, theft, flood and storm.
- Inflation protection of up to 50%. We use recognised independent price indices to amend your sums insured to reflect inflation.
- Trace and access of leaks in service pipes.
- Communal contents, including fitted carpets.
- Alternative accommodation or loss of rent if the premises aren’t habitable or tenants have to move out.
- Outbuildings such as garages, and communal gardens and grounds.
- One excess per incident so if damage affects several flats, you are liable for only one excess per total claim.
- Replacement keys, including keys to communal entrances.
- Employers’ liability to cover anyone working in communal areas.
- Third party liability up to £10 million.
Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions.
Claims process for block of flats insurance
Should the worst happen and you need to file a claim, we provide you with your own specialist claims advisor who supports you step-by-step, from first notification to claims settlement. Our experienced, in-house claims team, based here in the UK, specialises in block of flats insurance claims. Working together with our insurer partners, we aim to make your claims experience as quick and easy as possible.
File a claim with our claims service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by calling on 0800 612 3781.
Some of our insurance partners
Our specialists work with well-known insurers to shape a policy around your needs. We do the work so you don’t have to. Our insurers include: