Protect your home away from home

We provide specialist insurance cover for holiday home owners, helping you protect your holiday caravan, chalet and/or lodge and its contents.

Being the owner of a holiday home is often very rewarding but can sometimes be challenging to. For many owners, a static caravan, chalet or lodge can be a business investment as well as a second home, and so it’s important to have cover in place that covers its different uses.

Why consider taking out a holiday home insurance policy?

Without the appropriate holiday home insurance, you could be left in financial difficulty if something were to happen to your property, and you were forced to pay for the repairs out of your own pocket. A regular home insurance policy might not be suitable for a holiday home, especially bearing in mind you may be letting your unit out to paying guests. You may need to take out specialist insurance that can cover the structure and contents of your holiday home, so you are confident that your assets are adequately protected.

What does holiday home insurance from Gallagher cover?

In a similar way to a standard home insurance policy, the cover we provide for holiday homes includes structure and contents insurance. However, this specialist policy can be tailored to your needs as a holiday home owner—whether you are looking for holiday let insurance because you have paying guests, or simply to insure your holiday home for your own use and/or use by family or friends.

The definition of structure in the policy extends to include steps, decking, patios, fixed storage chests, skirting, fences and gates, hot tubs, and gas bottles. The additional costs of the site clearance, transport of the new structures, and siting are also included in the sums insured. The contents insurance covers the household goods, personal possessions and clothing inside your holiday home.

The policy covers the main risks you would expect to in a standard home insurance policy—storm damage, damage to heating/plumbing through frost, theft, fire, flood, escape of water, lightning, explosion, and subsidence.

Other benefits include:

  • Accidental damage cover as standard, to your structures and contents.
  • Cover for damage caused by vermin.
  • Cover for damage caused by pets.
  • Allows for cover whilst your unit is being hired by others (an increased excess may apply), and can include the following:
    • Public liability
    • Alternative accommodation
    • Loss of rent
  • Cover for periods when your holiday home is left unoccupied.

Policy limits and exclusions may apply. Please see the policy documentation for full terms and conditions.

We can give you more detailed information on what is covered by the structure and contents insurance in the policy, and talk you through insuring your property. Please feel free to contact us for a quote on 0800 138 7533 and we’ll be happy to help.

Support with your policy and the claims process


We understand the need for peace of mind that your holiday home will continue to be an investment. Not only can we deliver 5 star, expert rated insurance cover, our specialist team will provide support with your policy and any claims that may arise. Some of our policies are administered by your park operator, so there should already be a certain level of trust and understanding, which makes the process easier for all concerned.

We help ensure your holiday home can be repaired quickly and efficiently. We may also offer the option to pay for your policy via direct debit, which removes another potential headache, and allows you to focus on enjoying your property.

Click here to view our Holiday Home Owner FAQ's.

Why choose Gallagher for your holiday home insurance?

We have a specialist, professional team with extensive experience in the holiday and home parks industry. Furthermore, over 5 years we paid 9 out of 10 claims* and 91% of customers are satisfied with the cover provided by our insurance policy ** so you can be confident that we have worked hard to maintain a reputation as reliable and trustworthy providers of holiday home insurance.

If you’d like to speak to us about taking out insurance for your holiday home, we encourage you to get in touch. You can call us on 0800 138 7533 and we’ll help to find the cover that’s suitable for you.

* Claims made between the 1st January 2019 and December 31st 2023 
** Based on 237 claimants who responded between the dates of January 1 2023 and 31st December 2023 

Holiday Home Insurance

  • Accidental damage cover to your structures or contents
  • Allows for cover whilst your unit is being hired by others
  • Cover for alternative accommodation or loss of rent
  • Cover for your unit when it is left unoccupied

  • Holiday Home and Parks Team