Tailored insurance for owners and operators

We provide specialist business insurance for holiday parks and residential parks, helping park owners protect their facilities, business operations, and reputation.

One of the principal challenges you may face as a park operator is protecting yourself and your facilities from financial or reputational damage.

Whether you run a holiday caravan, chalet and or lodge park, or a residential mobile home park, it is important to secure business insurance that is suitable for your park, and the guests and homeowners you serve.

Gallagher helps protect over 1,000 holiday and residential parks across the UK, ranging from the some of the largest groups in the UK to family owned and operated businesses. Using knowledge gained by working closely with the park industry, we are able to provide our clients with appropriate covers, and develop bespoke policy wordings that have been written specifically for holiday and residential parks within the UK and Northern Ireland.

Partnering with an insurance broker that specialises in your industry can help you find appropriate cover at an acceptable premium, as well as assisting with your overall risk management programme. We have outlined the available covers below, which can be combined to create an insurance policy appropriate/tailored for your business.


As well as your park’s buildings, cover can extend to cover the parks infrastructure including concrete bases, driveways, car parks, swimming pools, artificial playing surfaces, walls, gates and fences, signs, blinds and underground services. If you insure your underground services, the policy extends to cover the costs of tracing the leak, plus the cost of accessing it, including any necessary excavation, and making good the damage caused as a result, up to a maximum of £10,000 on any one claim. Includes accidental damage cover as standard.


Covers the contents of the commercial buildings, including park machines, machinery, plant, and all other contents normally associated with the business, belonging to you or for which you are responsible. Includes accidental damage cover as standard.

Business Interruption

In the event that your park is unable to operate, we can cover you for loss of trading profit. This can include cover for death, injury of the park owner, or any key members of staff.


Combines cover for public liability, product and employers’ liability into one convenient package.

Loss of Licence

We can provide cover for the depreciation in value if your licence is forfeited or revoked by the licencing authority and you are unable to sell excisable liquors.

Personal Accident

Choose from three levels of personal accident cover, allowing you to choose the policy most suitable for you and your business.

For more information on the covers we provide within our specialist holiday and residential park insurance, please call our team on 0800 138 7533.

Hire Fleet

Provides comprehensive cover for your hire fleet of caravan, chalets and lodges and any other letting property that you may have on your park.

Sales Stock

Covers all of your units that are for sale whether or not they are sited.

Private Dwellings

We can also insure your structure and contents of your residential properties.

For more information on the covers we provide within our specialist holiday and residential park insurance, please call our team on 0800 138 7533.

Contractors’ All Risks

Provides cover for damage to property during the course of construction/alteration and third-party injury or damage claims. Damage to property can include improper construction of structures, damage that happens during a renovation, and damage to temporary works and plant on-site.

Cyber Risks

A cyber-attack or other cyber event could leave you open to risks such as reputational damage, supply chain interruption, loss or corruption of data, and financial losses. Cyber insurance is designed to protect you against the financial consequences of first-party and third-party losses, and can provide specialist support when you need it most.


Inspection of lifting appliances and/or pressure vessels to comply with statutory regulations, including breakdown and consequential loss arising from an incident.

Excess Public Liability and Employers’ Liability

The commercial combined policy provides limits of liability up to £10 million. We can arrange excess layer policies, increasing these limits up to £70 million.

Legal Expenses

Commercial legal expenses insurance provides you with access to legal advice, along with insurance cover for legal costs and expenses should you experience one of the legal problems covered by the policy in relation to your business activities, including customer and employee disputes.

Management Liability

Directors’ and Officers’ (D&O) liability insurance provides protection for the directors and officers (including senior managers) of a company for claims made against them personally for alleged wrongful acts in their position. It can also be extended to cover the entity itself.


We can provide motor policies for all business vehicles from directors’ cars to machinery used on parks.

For more information on the covers we provide within our specialist holiday and residential park insurance, please call our team on 0800 138 7533.

Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions.

How will our partnership work?

Our regional account managers will work closely with you, delivering a tailored service in line with the park insurance policy we provide for your business.

You will have a main point of contact at Gallagher, and this person will take the time to learn about your business, ensuring they fully understand any specific requirements or challenges. This in-depth knowledge will help them to offer you a solution whenever you call upon them for assistance.

If you do make a claim on your policy, our specialist in-house claims team will guide you through the process, keeping you abreast of developments and ensuring you have all the information available. We’ll always endeavour to resolve claims quickly and efficiently, allowing you to concentrate on running your park.

Holiday home owner schemes

As a park owner, it is important for you to know that all of your customer-own units are protected with adequate holiday home insurance.

We have developed a policy specifically designed for park owners to promote to individuals who own units on their park, such as static caravans, chalets or holiday lodges. Our 5 star expert rated holiday home owner policy provides comprehensive cover, efficient claims management support, and reassurance to your individual owners.

A choice of three insurance distribution models

We offer three ways to distribute insurance to customers owning park homes on your park. You may prefer a hands-on approach, or perhaps you would rather let us do the legwork to give you more time focusing on the day-to-day running of your park. Simply select the option that suits your business.

Options 1, 2 & 3

Holiday Home Insurance

Our holiday home owner policy is 5 star defaqto rated

Gallagher helped us review our insurances and we are now confident our business is fully insured and in safe hands. Thank you.
Fontygary Parks Ltd, 2021

Holiday Park and Residential Park Insurance

  • Bespoke business insurance for your park
  • Cover from ‘A’-rated insurers*
  • Extensive industry experience from a specialist team
  • Catastrophe recovery plan—we’ll be on-hand 24/7 to help manage any claim

*Independent ratings from third party rating companies. Correct as at December 2021.

  • Holiday Home and Parks Team