Protect your property and your livelihood

We provide specialist holiday let insurance for owners of holiday lets and holiday cottage complexes, helping them to keep their property and contents covered, and protect their business.

Owning a holiday let property can be incredibly rewarding, however, it also comes with a great deal of responsibility—to provide a safe environment for your guests, but also to protect your investment and livelihood.

In many ways, holiday home insurance works like a standard home insurance policy, but when you let the property there are additional risks and liabilities to consider. This is where Gallagher can help.

A team dedicated to the holiday home let industry

Our dedicated Holiday Let team has over 130 years of combined experience and our insurance scheme is personally handled by a team of qualified insurance advisors who specialise in the leisure and tourism sector.

The tailor-made insurance we provide is underwritten by a specialist insurer that also has extensive sector experience, allowing us to cater to a wide range of holiday lets and complexes, such as cottages, lodges, log cabins, barn conversions and holiday apartments.

Using knowledge gained over years of working closely with the holiday industry, our team has developed bespoke policy wordings that have been written specifically for holiday lets within the UK.

Holiday let property insurance

A holiday let property insurance policy allows you to use the property as a mixture of holiday letting for paying guests and as a private holiday home (but not solely for use as a private holiday home or second home). As the policy provides cover for commercially let holiday properties it is sometimes also referred to as holiday let landlord insurance.

The policy includes:

  • Buildings insurance - covers damage to the building’s structure (including accidental) plus subsidence and landslip as standard.
  • Contents insurance - covers the loss or damage of contents, including accidental damage caused by guests or other third parties such as cleaners.
  • Theft cover - there is no forcible or violent entry restriction, so theft by guests is also covered.
  • Loss of rental income - following insured damage to the property, plus a range of extensions including denial of access, failure of utilities and pollution of beaches.
  • Public liability - designed to cover you if a guest or members of the public makes a claim against you. In most circumstances, this can include liability cover for on-site leisure facilities for the use of your guests.
  • Employers’ liability or domestic employee cover - protects you financially if an employee makes a claim against you.
  • Theft cover - if your guests fail to lock up property or keys are stolen from a key safe you can be assured that theft cover remains in force.
  • Pet damage cover - a useful cover for pet-friendly premises.

Even if the property is unoccupied for several weeks at a time, the insurance cover will remain in force, subject to compliance with the policy occupancy condition.

These are brief product descriptions only. Please refer to the policy documentation paying particular attention to the terms and conditions, exclusions, warranties, subjectivities, excesses and any endorsements.

In-house claims support

Our in-house claims teams can assist you in the reporting of claims and will manage the process from start to finish. Due to their specialist experience, the team has delegated claims authority which permits them to negotiate and handle some claims on behalf of the insurance provider. This enables us to respond to you directly to deliver a personalised and proactive claims service.

We are also regularly reviewing the claims we receive and analysing them so that our clients can understand the latest trends. For owners of holiday cottage complexes, we can provide a claims data analysis service, which will let you monitor the claims incurred at your complex and identify patterns that may exist.

Why choose Gallagher for your holiday let insurance?

We have a specialist, professional team with extensive experience in the holiday and leisure industry. You can be confident that we can help to simplify your insurance arrangements, whilst providing protection for your property, its contents and your liabilities.

If you would like to speak to us about taking out insurance for your holiday home, we encourage you to get in touch. You can call us on 0800 138 7575 and we will help to find the cover that is suitable for you.

Frequently-asked questions

Whether you have a question about your existing policy with us, a quotation or a claim, please take a look through our FAQs. Full details of the policy cover, terms and conditions can be found in the policy document however, if you can’t find the answer, please get in touch by calling us on 0800 138 7575.

Download the FAQ's.pdf

Holiday Let Insurance

  • Specialist insurance for owners of holiday homes
  • Cover for your property, contents and liabilities
  • In-house claims team to support you
  • Option to pay monthly

  • Holiday Let Insurance Team