Cover for your business, staff and customers

With extensive experience in the hospitality industry, we look after the insurance needs of a wide range of restaurants, cafes and catering outlets, helping to protect their business and reputation.

Whether you own a busy gastropub, a French style bistro, offer the best pizza on the high street, or a pop-up fusion eatery, restaurants can be a high-risk experience for both customers and employees.

And sometimes, no matter how much you keep an eagle eye on the detail, accidents can and will happen. To ensure you're able to continue serving up a great experience when the unexpected happens, having restaurant insurance in place can sometimes be the make or break.

What does restaurant insurance cover?

While you may be serving up similar food to other restaurant operators, we recognise that no two businesses are generally the same. Having access to a flexible restaurant business insurance solution that suits your needs, that allows you to focus on running your business can make all the difference. Providing cover for sole traders, and start-ups, through to a future Michelin-starred chef, talk to Gallagher about restaurant insurance cover, which can cover some or all of the most common insurance types, including:

Public Liability

Public liability insurance for restaurants covers accidents that may happen to customers, suppliers or members of the public that result in injury or damage to their property. Public liability insurance can cover the cost of legal advice and compensation payments in the event of a claim.

Employers’ liability

Similar to public liability insurance, employers’ liability insurance covers full and part-time employees should they injury themselves or become ill when performing work related tasks for your business. It’s a legal requirement for restaurant owners and the majority of UK businesses, and can help to cover legal costs and compensation pay-outs should an employee make a claim against you.

Covers your employees (full or part time) in the same way as public liability so if they injure themselves at work through your alleged negligence there is cover.

Building, Contents and Equipment

Whether you own or rent your restaurant's premises, building insurance is designed to cover the cost of repair work should an insured event like flood, fire, theft or vandalism occur. Similarly, restaurant equipment insurance covers the cost of replacing any kit, machinery or equipment that is damaged or stolen.

Business Interruption

Business interruption restaurant insurance will help cover the costs of overheads and help you get on your feet again, should damage or a financial loss be caused by an insured event that prevents you from opening.

These are brief product descriptions only. Please refer to the policy documentation paying particular attention to the terms and conditions, exclusions, warranties, subjectivities, excesses and any endorsements.

Restaurant Insurance

  • Business Interruption insurance
  • Public and employers’ liability insurance
  • Cover for your buildings, contents, equipment and stock
  • A tailor-made policy to suit your business needs and budget

  • Gallagher SME Team