The Charity Shops Survey 2017 revealed that for the first time in 17 years there has been no increase to the overall number of charity shops in the UK.

Instead, the charity shops operated by the 76 charities that responded to the survey have opened the exact same number that they have closed. This lack of growth can be attributed to a number of factors, but the main ones are increasing costs and a lack of volunteer hours.

With the charity shop landscape changing, it’s important to have the right insurance to protect your assets and indemnify yourself against any potential liability claims. In this bulletin, the Gallagher Charity team look at the results of the Survey and offer insurance and risk management suggestions to help defend your shop from claims.

Download the Charity shop numbers flat line in 2017.pdf