This webinar will consist of two sessions and will explore how to tender effectively in a hard market, and the importance of ensuring your building valuations are accurate and up-to-date. The webinar will take place on 25 November, and will run from 10.00am – 10.45am.
Session one: Getting the best value from a hard market
Even before the pandemic the insurance market was showing considerable signs of hardening, and the Public Sector insurance marketplace is not immune to these changes. This session will provide insight on how to plan and manage tenders in a hard market, to help you achieve a suitable outcome for your organisation.
- Planning an effective tender project
- How a hard market impacts the insurance specification and information needs
- The importance of broking and engagement
- Creating realistic award criteria which meet your aims
This session will be presented by Geoff Dunn, Executive Director Public Sector and Education, Gallagher.
Session two: Building valuations and the importance of getting them right!
All organisations are faced with the challenges inherent in the building sector, especially in these uncertain times. This informative session will look at how those challenges have impacted on building costs and what that could mean for reinstatement values with specific references to both new and historic buildings.
The webinar will cover:
- Why buildings become underinsured
- Construction methods
- RICS forecasting
- Understanding application and operation of day one uplifts and index linking
- Brief overview of average and VAT implications
- How the hard market is changing underwriters attitude to `global sum insured` opposed to individual buildings basis
- RICS professional recommendations
This session will be presented by Samantha Crawley, Survey Manager, Cardinus Risk Management.