We trust our people. We work together for a common cause. The result is whilst we know we need to educate our people about fraud, for some reason we never think it will happen to us. The reality is that there is a real prospect of one of your people (or more) not following the rules and worse, committing fraud.
Having lived and breathed employee fraud investigations for housing associations, in this session specialist fraud and financial crime solicitor, Arun Chauhan, will examine why employees do not follow the rules, and provide an overview of key considerations and tips for running an internal fraud investigation.
Summary of session:
- Introduction to session.
- Why do employees break the rules?
- Employee fraud examples impacting on housing associations.
- Practical impact of employee fraud in a housing association.
- Outline of a case study example – contracts manager becoming too close to a supplier.
- Investigation considerations – what do you need to think about at the start, in the middle and at the end.
- Useful tools available to help with in an investigation.
- Detail review of one of the investigation considerations, to investigate overtly or covertly.
- Key tips on employees acting as your eyes and ears.
The webinar will go ahead on the 16th of September at 2pm.
Alternatively if you’d like more information then speak to your usual Gallagher representative.