IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) is the chartered body for health and safety professionals and the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation.. By taking an IOSH training course, you are learning from the people who set the standards for organisations of all sizes and industry sectors worldwide.
Much more than a tick-box exercise
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 requires a business to provide information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of employees. Sadly, many businesses fail to do this adequately, or simply see health and safety as a tick-box exercise, without evidencing what they do.
In the last year in Great Britain:
- 123 workers were killed in work-related accidents.
- 565,000 working people sustained an injury at work, according to the Labour Force Survey.
- 36.8 million working days were lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury.
Lowering your risk can mean reducing your cost of risk
Creating a safe workplace is about more than rules and regulations to keep you on the right side of the law. Adopting a health and safety culture can help reduce the risk of accidents, injuries and complaints—and, therefore, claims.
This means that a safer workplace can have an impact on the underwriting of your insurance and risk—potentially helping to lower your insurance premiums. It can also play a part in nurturing a more motivated and productive workforce as it can help to improve employee wellbeing.
Remember, looking after your employees’ mental health is just as important as looking after their physical health and safety. More people suffered work-related stress, depression or anxiety last year in Great Britain than physical injuries in the workplace,i and this is also a liability for employers.
Training courses delivered by Gallagher
Gallagher has the ability to deliver a wide range of training courses, from a bespoke course for your business to an IOSH certified training course, including IOSH Managing Safely® and IOSH Safety for Executives & Directors.
Some of the benefits of the IOSH Managing Safely courseii are:
- Helps you to assess and control risks and hazards
- Ensures you understand your own responsibilities for safety and health
- Enables you to investigate incidents
- Empowers you to measure your own performance
- Allows for personal reflections on good practice
- Greater productivity—fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents
- Improved organisation-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Internationally recognised certification for managers and supervisors
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
If you would like to book a place on an upcoming IOSH course delivered by Gallagher, please let us know.
|IOSH Managing Safely - £650 +VAT (per delegate)
|IOSH Safety for Executives & Directors - £250 +VAT (per delegate)
|IOSH Managing Occupational Health & Wellbeing - £250 +VAT (per delegate)