We have produced a report to provide you with an update to the position of Municipal Mutual Insurance (MMI) following the recent publication of their accounts as at 30 June 2021,1 as well as recommendations to ensure that you can cover your self-insured liabilities.
- An overview of the current position
- Commentary on June 2021 accounts
- MMI claim trends
- Key future risk
- Gallagher recommendations
How can Gallagher help?
Gallagher has a long history of supporting the public sector. In recent years, our actuarial services have been called upon by many organisations to help better understand their exposure to past liabilities under the MMI scheme of arrangements.
Unbudgeted calls on your finances are becoming increasingly burdensome and current indicators show that recovery from the pandemic is likely to increase pressure on the public sector’s financial position.
Additional service which may be of interest to you are:
- Claims audits — are reserves correct and being managed effectively?
- Third party claims handlers audits — are your contractors managing the claims process with best value in mind? Can you be certain the public purse is being protected at all times?
- Actuarial insurance programme optimisation reviews — is your insurance programme fit for purpose or is it still designed to protect the risks you had 10 years ago?
Would you like to talk?
If you would like to discuss how we can help you manage legacy risk or drive efficiency into your insurance and risk financing programmes, please contact the Gallagher Public Sector team.